It's A Love Story | The Apprentice (Part 3.4: Finale)

I apologize in advance because of the failure in cheese. I always thought I can write cheese instead of comedy but I failed. So please bear with me.

To sereace, for laughing at my failure to cheese. 

To clarify some confusion I caused in the last chapter, Charm and Baste have been dating for a few months when she said ILY.

THIS IS FICTION, obviously. Because A&M are not yet married but I'm giving them 3 years max to get there. Song is still Love Story from Taylor Swift.

Warning: Some slight (very, very light) angst at the start, then you get  cheese for the rest. And yes, this is the finale but I promise to write outtakes to make up for the spoiled cheese.

---

In Which I Love You And That's All I Really Know

I got tired of waiting

Wondering if you were ever coming around.

It's been 5 years since they got together and all was well and good. That's what Baste thought but apparently Charm does not share the same sentiment. It was the week towards Holy Week and they have a break for the next few days. They just came from a wedding of one of her close friends and she's been uncharacteristically silent on the drive home when just mere minutes ago she was all hyped up and partying with the newlyweds.

"Babe, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired."

"Are you sure? You can take a nap if you want to."

"No, I'm okay I'll just wait until we get home."

"Okay, if you say so." Silence enveloped the ride for a couple of cold minutes again. She really didn't take a nap, not even a yawn, for someone who claimed she wastired. He was really worried, but he didn't want to ride in on her mood and make matters worse. She's like her mom in that sense.

"Baste.."

"Yes, Babe?"

"Where are we going?"

"Home, to your house. Why?"

"No, I mean...never mind."

"Charm. I won't know unless you tell me."

"How old are you again?"

"Babe, are you making a joke about my age again? Oo na, 31 na ko okay?"

"I'm not joking. I just want to ask if you're happy."

He took her hand and assured her. "I am. Happy and content. Right here, right now."

"Are you sure you're content with this?"

"With you? Of course, I am. I can't ask for anything more." He looked at her briefly with a smile and squeezed her hand. She smiled back, but it never reached her eyes.

He didn't hear from her for a couple of days after that.

My faith in you was fading

"Hi Ate Maine."

"Oh what brings you here? Wala si Charm, lumabas sila ng Papa nya. Didn't she tell you?"

His head dropped at that. "Hindi po eh. Actually, she hasn't been talking to me since I dropped her off after the wedding. Hindi ko naman sya agad mapuntahan dahil pinauwi ako ni Mommy sa GenSan. I just got back actually."

"Pasok ka nga. Do you want anything? Coffee, juice..."

"Advice?" He said sheepishly. It's kind of embarrassing asking your girlfriend's mother for advice but there's no one else who knows her more than her mother. Well, there's RJ but he would have to be dead desperate to go down that route.