The Apprentice Outtakes: BOYS NIGHT OUT

This is for everyone who loved R3's character.

Disclaimer: No ownership, relationship, any kind of connection to the characters implied in this story. And again THIS IS PURE FICTION.

---

This happened after Confessions | The Apprentice (Part 3.2). How RJ dealt with Baste's asking for permission to court Charm.

In Which They Never Learned

"Paps, isama natin si R3." Sam told RJ as they were about to leave the house. They have a weekly all-boys get together with Jerald. Their way of trying to "stay married and sane" in Sam's words. Their wives also have their own pampering day, all charged to their husbands' credit cards.

"Hiramin mo kay Meng. I don't want to hear her lecture right now. I'm already stressed out as it is."

"Relax ka lang, I'll send her a text. R3!" Sam shouted at the boy in front of the TV playing video games. "Get ready, sasama ka sa amin ng Papa mo."

"Okay." R3 hurriedly went upstairs to change and grab his things. He has been joining his father's boys night out ever since he was old enough to filter his words. He wasn't a regular, because his mother would not like that, but his Ninong Sam would insist that he go.

"Yang anak mo, hindi ko alam kung san nagmana. Ang tipid sumagot. Pero parang ikaw bago mag-July 16. Or si Meng behind the camera."

"Okay na yan, kesa madaldal. Isipin mo maraming beses ka na dapat napahamak sa asawa ko at asawa mo kung madaldal yan."

...

"R3, inumin mo to." They were at Sam's restaurant/bar having a few drinks. Jerald arrive shortly after they did. Sam handed R3 a bottle of light beer. the boy just took it from his godfather and continued with playing his video game that he brought with him. Nights out with his father and uncles just means lots of talk over a few drinks. He's used to it and would just normally ignore them and let them have their fun.

"Tsk, wag mo nga painumin yung bata." RJ tried to stop Sam even though he knew his friend wouldn't budge.

"Ang strict mo. Hayaan mo nga yan matuto. Mabuti nang sa atin matuto yan kesa sa iba pa."

"Ayun na nga e, sa'yo pa matututo."

"Bakit? Anong masama na sa akin matuto? Responsable akong uminom for your information."

Jerald laughed at that, "Talaga lang ha!"

"Hoy Napoles magtigil ka. Mas matindi ka sa akin."

"Uminom, oo. Pero yung iba mong turo, labas ako jan."

"Tumigil na nga kayo." RJ butted in, he was still serious as he was when they left the house and the alcohol wasn't doing much to loosen him up. Granted, he couldn't really have a lot because 1) his son is with him; 2) his wife would kill him.

"Bakit ba kasi masyado kang problemado Paps?" Jerald asked his friend.

"Paano kasi, si Baste, ayun nagpaalam kay RJ na ligawan si Charm." Sam laughed maniacally then stopped as a soiled table napkin hit his face coming from RJ.

"Hindi nakakatawa okay?"

"Buti nga nagpaalam, hindi yung basta na lang gumawa ng breezy moves sa anak mo." (J)

"Ano ka ba Je, tapos na yung step na yun di ba? Baby pa lang si Charm, galawang breezy na si Baste." Sam continued on laughing at the expense of his friend. Seeing RJ like this was definitely entertaining for him.

"Pinayagan mo ba?" (J)

"Wala na akong nagawa. Kinampihan ni Meng e, tapos ginamitan pa ako ng blackmail."