The Apprentice (Part 1)

sereace I was NOT writing angst. Here is the little ray of sunshine that I promised you.

Just a short quick one. I need to regroup and think of what's next.

In Which He Gets Even (Part 1)

October 2015

"Basta Paps, eto ha, eto ang game plan bukas. Wala ako bukas kaya makinig ka mabuti. Kailangan stake your claim. Alam naman natin na marami ng nagpapalipad-hangin sa kanya and their advantage was they had access to her months ago when all this blew up."

"Ako rin naman ah!"

"Oo. Restricted Access."

"You're not really helping here. I'm already nervous as it is."

"Okay, back to business. Ayun nga, just calm down, help her calm down also. I'm sure she's much more nervous than you. She's the newbie here. Be the perfect gentleman, make her feel your presence. Make those other guys feel your presence. Stake your claim or it will get harder later on."

"How do I do that nga? Stop talking in generalities. Be specific. C'mon, I need to head out in a few na."

"Bakuran mo nga! Hindi mo ba alam yun? Touch where you can touch, show everyone she belongs to someone. If you can kiss her agad e di go!"

"Hoy! Grabe ka naman, baka pagbaba ko ng stage sapakin ako ng kuya niya."

"Eh anong gusto mo, masapak ng kuya nya o mapunta sya sa iba?"

"Masapak?"

"O e ayun naman pala. Risk it or lose it. Tama na yang pagpapabebe mo. Ilang buwan na yan. Habang sumisikat kayo, lalo na sya, lalong dadami ang kalaban. Keep them away. This is war dude, this is not a party."

"Argh. This is tough, pero sige I'll keep that in mind. Then what do I do after that?"

"Get her number. Officially. Call. Text. Magpaalam ka na rin agad na manligaw sa tatay nya bago kayo umuwi. Give her a nickname, yung ikaw lang ang tatawag."

"Got it. Sige, alis na ko."

"Make me proud."

Their conversation ended without realizing there was a pair of young ears listening in to their conversation and taking it to heart.

3 years later...

"We're here! Let me see that baby." Ms. A said while entering the hospital room. RJ didn't know how they managed to fit in this many people in one room without the nurses throwing a fit. But these people are family too.

"Grabe Meng, ang ganda ng anak mo, ang puti." The baby stirred in her arms a little, getting comfortable.

"Oo nga e, pinakyaw yung mukha ng daddy nya. Walang tinira sa akin." She looked around the room smiling and noticed the little boy who is now 6, trying to get a view. "Baste, come here, look at my baby o."

The boy got close and with RJ's help managed to sit on the bed beside Maine. "Say hello to Charm!"

Baste looked at the small baby in front of him and leaned forward, going in for a kiss...right smack on the lips of the infant and said, "Hi babe."

RJ was stunned, "her name is Charm." He couldn't process how his daughter was only a mere hours old and already getting a kiss on the lips from a boy.

"I know, sabi ni Ate Maine." Baste sought the baby's hand and held it. Instinctively, Charm closed her hands and held on his thumb. "You're so gwapa, babe." He turned to Maine and asked, "Ate Maine, ano pong number ni Charm?"

Maine laughed out loud at that while the color on RJ's face drained.

And Sam... Sam didn't know whether he should comfort his friend or give Baste a pat on the back. 

---

Give me ideas on what's next. Medyo mahirap pala to kasi malaki ang age gap nila. Obviously, I didn't think this through well enough.