Why Don't You Stay | The Accomplice (Part 4.3)

This is not a drill. May update talaga ako :) Nainspire ako sa napanood kong IG video ni Baste na kinakantahan yung isang little girl. And oh my goodness! Mukhang natuto nga yata ang bata ng breezy moves. I can't!!!

This chapter is not edited. Characters implied in this story is not mine, except for Charm and R3 habang hindi pa sila naipapanganak. Song used is "We've Got Tonight", a very special song from my previous OTP.  I'll love you always.

---

 In Which They Have Tonight  

I know it's late

I know you're weary

I know your plans don't include me

"Alright! Looks like we have our lucky couple for the night. Let's give it up to R3 and Sabrina!" The emcee's voice echoed throughout the venue. And while his heart wants to explode in happiness, he's not so sure whether to entertain the feeling or brush it off. Seeing the hesitant look on her face makes him doubt that this is going to be anything more than awkward.

"As with tradition, we would have to ask you to join our newlyweds on the dance floor." He saw the encouraging look his Ate Charm is giving her. He wished it was that easy. He wanted to throw a tantrum and blame his mother for putting him in this position -- torn. But he can't just leave Sab on the dance floor and humiliate her, so he took the few steps needed to get to her and laid out his hand for her to take.

A few tense moments went by while they were dancing. She was facing left, he was facing right. He knew it would be awkward but he remembered that saying about making lemonades out of lemons. Deciding to man up and break the silence, he hoped that this lemon would not turn out too sour.

"So, when did you get back?"

Sabrina hesitantly looked to him and bowed her head, "Two days ago. I just came back for this, since Ate Charm made me promise to come."

"Oh, so you'll be leaving again?"

"Yes." She looked up to him as she answered and he was the one to turn away this time around. "I have to because I'll be graduating in two months."

"Wow. That's great!" He gave her a genuine smile. "I'm so proud of you, Brie."

She turned away upon hearing the name only he calls her by. It was nothing short of an endearment as he never really called her by the usual ones.

Still here we are

Both of us lonely

Longing for shelter from all that we see

Why should we worry?

No one will care, girl

Look at the stars now, so far away

Sensing that he made her uncomfortable, he turned his attention to the people watching them. His ate was still dancing with her now husband. Kind of weird to say that now, but he'll get used to it. Back at one of the tables he can see his mom, looking at them with a wide smile on her face, eyes crinkled and it seems like she's clutching on his dad's arm giggling at something. Probably at him. Maine turned to the woman beside her, his Tita Patricia, and whispered something that made both of them giggle afterwards.

"Hindi naman tayo ang artista sa pamilya, pero daig pa natin ang may shippers at fangirls."

Sabrina knew what he was talking about. She's not unaware of their mothers' eagerness to get them back together. Her own fussed at her while getting ready earlier, as if she was the one getting married.