Somewhere We Can Be Alone | The Apprentice (Part 3.3)

There will be Part 3.4, which is the finale. Yay! Since single at not ready to mingle ako, expect it next week in time for Valentines. 

A special thanks to @sereace for her help in this chapter.

Disclaimer: I am not associated with anyone implied in this story and the song is still Taylor Swift's Love Story blah, blah, blah

Enjoy! #BasCharmForevs

---

In Which They Try To Tell Us How To Feel

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.

I'll be waiting; all that's left to do is run.

It's an odd night where I get to have an early night to myself. Between my "phenomenal" showbiz career and my studies -- which I'm about to finish in a few months -- it's been pretty hectic. But I wanted this, and I promised my father that I will finish school. My thoughts were broken when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in, it's open."

"Hi baby, may bisita ka sa baba." Mama came in with a smile on her face.

"Thanks Ma. si Kuya Baste?" I'm still not used to calling him otherwise.

Mama laughed at me. "Yan pa rin ba tawag mo sa kanya?"

"Hirap alisin eh. It's always been that way ever since I can remember."

"I understand Charm. It took me awhile to call your Papa by his real name too. And I actually had to switch between his names on and off screen."

"Mama, how did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"This. Sneaking out late at night. Not being able to have a normal date. Keeping everything under wraps."

"It wasn't easy. But nothing will get in the way of your father once he set his mind to it." She said jokingly. But she had this tender look on her face, as if remembering something nice. "I was lucky in that way, since your Papa exerted a lot of effort for me. At first it was overwhelming. I wasn't used to getting that much attention from men. Those who pursued me before was pretty low key compared to RJ. He was like a ravishing storm that conquered everything in his way. It was never easy with our schedules and the expectations. And everyone had something to say about it. But he soldiered on. Naaawa ako sa kanya non, driving from QC to Bulacan to bring me home, then go home to Laguna after. Pero alam mo naman ang Papa mo, ayaw magpapigil. Sya na talaga ang original na pabebe."

Mama is really funny, even in talks like this she makes it light. We haven't really talked about this in lenght. About my career yes, but about me and Kuya -- I mean, Baste -- not yet.

"What I learned from that, especially from your Papa, is that nothing worth having comes easy. It's the same with his showbiz career and the same with our relationship. For him, I was worth it. And once I got over my initial shock and doubt, I knew he was worth it too. And here we are. I think what I want to ask you is that, is this, is he worth all the trouble for you?"

"Yes Mama. I know you know I've had a crush on him since I was little." I blushed in admitting this, but mothers know these things so I know I don't really have to elaborate. "I didn't think much of it because I didn't think he will notice me, much less feel the same, even more, for me. I'm still getting the hang of it Mama. But I do like him very much, maybe more already."

"You grew up too fast, Charm. May manliligaw na ang baby ko. I miss those days when you would not want to leave my lap for other people, only for your Papa. But! Tayo ka na dyan at magbihis ka na. Sayang ang oras, Cinderella. You have to be back before 11:30, or your father will launch a search party. Saka kanina pa naghihintay yun, kasama ang Papa mo at si R3. Baka sobrang nagisa na yun sa baba."