It Started When We Were Younger | The Apprentice (Part 2)

2k reads! I can't believe it. I only did this to get out of my writer's block which has been on for years. Thank you all.

Shoutout to sereace because she supports my weirdness unconditionally.

Disclaimer: This is unedited. Personalities, songs are not mine. 

  ---  

In Which They Haven't Seen Each Other In Awhile

There's always that one person

That will always have your heart

You'll never see it coming

'Cause you're blinded from the start

Know that you're that one for me

It's clear for everyone to see

"Hello?"

"Hello, Baste? Hi! Si Tita Jenny to."

"Hi Tita Jenny! What a surprise! Long time no see...or talk. What's up?"

"I'm fine, we're all fine here. About to celebrate another milestone anniversary for the show. That's why I'm calling you."

"Talaga po? Congratulations! Miss ko na kayong lahat. I'm planning to finally take a vacation there soon."

"That's great to hear. But how soon is soon? Because our anniversary special is next week and I have a plan..."

I listened to her explain what this "plan" is all about and it is genius. You can practically see the smile on my face from miles away. I jumped at the chance to be part of it because I can't wait to see her again.

Dahil all this time, iisa lang ang love ni Baste.

Some years ago..

Do you remember girl

I was the one who gave you your first kiss

'Cause I remember girl

We were seated in one of the dressing rooms of this studio which is like a second home to us. We practically grew up here. Me and her. The large monitor is on but we're not really paying attention to it, content with our own world. She likes to talk to everyone. I like to talk to her.

"Kuya..."

"Yes Babe?"

"Ang weird no?"

"Alin ang weird?"

"Yan! Yung mga tao. Nagki-kiss sa lips. Parang sila Mama. Yuck!"

"Aktingan lang yan uy! Parang yung mga Disney movie lang na pinapanood mo. Pero yung sa Mama mo syempre iba yun. Walang weird don."

"Basta yuck! Why would you do that?"

"Ginagawa mo kaya yan sa parents mo, wag ka nga."

"Iba yun. I mean yung sa girl at boy. Eww."

"Eww ka jan! Smack lang yan o. Magbabago din isip mo."

"Ba't ang dami mong alam?"

"Eh kasi mas matanda ako sa'yo. Six years. Marami akong alam."

"Ibig sabihin may na-kiss ka na ng ganyan? Yuck! Ewww ka, kuya!"

"Oo matagal na. Ask mo Mama mo."