Out Of It

I didn't want to do this, believe me. I just wanted to forget what happened but I couldn't resist. Idea came up when I woke up this morning. Apologies for the mistakes, I wrote this sa fx.

Anyway, PURE FICTION. Wag kayong ano.

---
In Which She Slips

She picks up after the third ring, her voice clearly panicked.

"Daddy? Dad, kumusta po si RJ?"

"Alam mo na pala. He's okay. Just a few bruises daw sabi ni Ten. Nothing to worry about."

"Buti naman po."

"I called kasi pareho silang tuliro but he's okay daw. Are you okay?"

"Okay na po ngayon, I guess. Thank you."

"Anyway, all his schedule today has been cancelled. Pinapauwi ko but he wants to see you."

"Naku dad, kahit wag na. He needs to rest-"

"Yan din sinabi ko but I think he won't be able to rest until he sees you."

"Ah, si- sige po, ok lang siguro."

"Tinawagan ko na parents mo, pumayag naman sila. He's on his way. Pinasunod ko ung driver kanina para sunduin sila. He'll drop him off at your place."

"Thank you, Dad. I'll wait for him."

A couple of hours later...

"Meng, andyan na?"

"Yes po, Daddy. Pagod and a bit shaking when he arrived. But he's calmed down and sleeping na po." A pause and a deep breath was heard from the other line. "Saka...sa kwarto ko po sya natutulog. Naka-lock po kasi yung room ni Dean, and..and he won't be comfortable sa sofa..."

"It's okay 'nak. I understand. Can I, can I call you sa Facetime? I want to see him. Other than the photos I saw, hindi ko alam-"

"Um...sige po."

He drops the call and switched to Facetime. Her face comes on the screen. He can make out his son's form, sleeping on his side, face inches away from the girl.

"Dad, pasensya na po. He won't let go kasi-"

"No, no. Don't worry. Ganyan talaga yan pag nagdadamdam." He said, recalling the many times he found his son in the same position with his wife during those difficult times. "Salamat 'nak ha? Alam ko dapat pahinga ka today."

"Wala po yun Dad. Ah, eto nga po pala..." There was movement in the screen and he sees his son's arm lifted to make the cuts and bruises visible. "Yan lang naman po, other than the redness sa may shoulder I guess from the resistance ng seatbelt."

"Good, good. Thank you. I'll let you go na so you can also rest. Ako na susundo sa kanya mamaya."

"Okay po. Text lang po kayo. Ingat kayo."

Once the call ended, he was able to breathe easier. A quiet light chuckle came from him. Despite the brave face, she's also clearly shaken and out of it. She's been unknowingly calling him Dad the whole time.

---
Ayun. Purged na. I can rest easy.

Ingat kayo guys, especially those of you who drive. I've tried driving na ng sobrang puyat and I was really out of it. Di ko alam kung may times na napapikit ako or nakatulog at sa EDSA pa yun. Wag nyo ko gayahin. God bless.