Chapter 16

~~~flash back time!!!~~~

It was Fluttershy's birthday and her and pinkie were setting up the decorations in her garden.

"Okie dokie lokie!!! All the decorations are set up!! Food, check!! Music, check!! Yummy beverages by Applejack, check!! Invitations set out to our friends, check-a-roonie!!!" Pinkie squealed.

"Thank you Pinkie! All of the decorations are lovely. But I need to ask you a question" said Fluttershy.

"Yes?"

"Um, I was thinking that we can invite Discord to my birthday party? Because...the others aren't very fond of him and I was thinking that maybe this party could change that. And we could all be friends. Is that ok with you?" Fluttershy asked.

"Depends. Can he bring a cotton candy cloud with chocolate rain?!" Pinkie asked.

"I could ask him I'm pretty sure he'll say yes."

"Yes!!! Then yes!! As in yes to the chocolate rain and yes he can come!!!" Pinkie said.

"Oh thank you pinkie!!" Fluttershy squealed.

"No problem Fluttershy!! I'll deliver his invitation right now!!" Said pinkie as she bounced away to Discord's castle.

As Fluttershy went inside her cottage to get some rest from...well, you know...pinkie bounced all the way to Discord's castle. When she came to the door, she hesitated, but Fluttershy asked her to invite him and that's what she was gonna do! Quickly she slipped the invitation through the mail slot and bounced away.

~~~Discord's castle~~~

Discord was making some chaos around his castle when he noticed something near his door. It was an envelope. He picked it up and opened it, it instantly bursted out confettie all over Discord'd face.

'This is obviously from pinkie pie.' He thought.

He read the letter it said:

Hey you lucky pony!!!
You have just been invited
To Fluttershy's birthday party!!!
Join us for dancing, yummy food,
And friends as we celebrate
Fluttershy's birthday!!!
Hope to see you then!!!

When Discord realized that he was invited to Fluttershy's birthday party, he felt a sprout of joy in his heart.

"Yes!!! After this long of only private activities I've been invited to her party!! Maybe I could dress up in a tux, so I can sweep her off her hooves, or maybe..." Then he stopped to think.

'What's going on with me? Why am I acting this way? It only comes up when I think of Fluttershy. Could it be.....? No!' He thought and slapped himself.

'You are the lord of chaos! You can't love any pony! Besides we are just friends. Do you think that she has special feelings for you?! Now then, I need to get her a gift but what?' He thought.

"Wait I got it!" He said.

And with a click of his claw a necklace in the shape of a butterfly appeared. It was good and silver and on the inside it had a picture of him and Fluttershy that said 'Best Friends Forever'. Discord died a little inside the fact that the necklace said friends. He quickly got the thought out his head. All he had to do was wait until it was time.

~~~at the party~~~

The party was going to start soon and Fluttershy was thinking about Discord. She was wondering if he was going to come or not. She would really appreciate it. That's when she started to get a warm feeling inside her heart when she thought deeply about him.