Chapter 13

AUTHORS NOTE: WOW! THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU GUYS! "Been Here All Along" JUST HIT 1.1K!!! I never expected that many reads so fast! I know it might not be a lot to some, but it means the world to me to have people enjoying the series! I love you all so much! On another side note, sorry for the lack of posting lately. I've been feeling sorta uninspired just because the story has had a fairly slow start, but once this chapter is over, and possibly another one, I can get to the writing that I'm most excited about. Thanks for reading and continue to enjoy! xoxo 

                                                                  ----------------------------------------

Grunkle Ford and I shoved the last bit of the couch into the U-Haul before locking it up for the night.

"Got everything in there, sport?" He asked as we headed back into the shack. 

"I think so. There's just a couple small things, but we can squeeze them into the back seat. Thanks for your help, Great Uncle Ford," I said sweetly, leaning in and giving him a side hug as we walked in. 

"Sure thing, Dipper. I'll see you in the morning before your departure. I'm going to hit the hay," Grunkle Ford yawned before heading towards the vending machine to his bedroom downstairs. I headed upstairs to my room and found Mabel already curled up in my bed.

"You about set for tomorrow, Mabs?" I asked quietly. She sat up and nodded her head tiredly. 

"Just some last minute things in the morning, but that's pretty much it. I worked one of my longest shifts today," Mabel sighed, laying back down. I stripped down into my underwear, shut off the lamp, and crawled in next to her. 

"I feel you, babe. Game Stop was packed today. Ted had me put in some extra hours since I didn't give him an exact "two week notice"' I said, rolling my eyes as I pulled Mabel in close, playing with her hair. 

"Even though I worked a lot this week, I'm going to miss working there. I doubt I'm going to find some place as great in Lantern River..." Mabel muttered. 

"Hey, you don't say that. You don't know for sure, Mabel. How about, we get settled in tomorrow, and the next day, we go out and job hunt? How about that?" I proposed. She turned her head and smiled at me tiredly. 

"Sounds great," she replied, kissing me. 

"Isn't it weird to think this is the last time we will be like this?" I asked, laughing. 

"What do you mean?" 

"I mean, shoved into a bed ten sizes too small for us, with the door locked, and us on high alert all night afraid that Grunkle Stan will somehow wander up the stairs and find us like this," I laughed. Mabel began laughing as well as she leaned her forehead against my chest. 

"You better not fall too far away from me at night now just because we got a bigger bed," Mabel said playfully. 

"I wouldn't dream of it, doll," I said, kissing her forehead. 

"Good," she yawned. 

"Hey, get some sleep. We need it. We got a big day tomorrow," I said, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. 

"I love you, Dipper," she said softly. 

"I love you more," I replied, snuggling into as close as possible.