Chapter 17

Author's Note: Hey guys! I recently made a Mabel sweater (it's the "Pink Floyd" logo one!!!) and I never really completely got into my cosplay yet, but I plan on doing it either tomorrow or sometime over Christmas break. Would you guys be interested in seeing it? Drop a comment down below, and depending on the answers, I'll possibly post it as the picture for one of the upcoming chapters then! Stay cool, Fallers! xoxo 

                                                                           ------------------------------------

After we got everything everything moved into the apartment and Mabel tried to turn me on, of course, we quickly realized there might not be any time to do anything but work tonight, but surprisingly, we accomplished a lot. We got all our main furniture in place, and from there, we began to unpacking boxes. The ones containing our essentials were first, of course. After that, we still had about five boxes to unpack, and we decided to just power through it and get it down and over with tonight so we wouldn't have to worry about it. After all the boxes were emptied, flattened, and boughten down to recycling, the place really started to look like our new home. Our secondhand leather couch and recliner set was positioned in the living room in front of the small, flat screen TV we had perched on top of an old TV cabinet we found buried in the back room at the thrift store. The kitchen had cooking supplies and pots and pans strew about on the island, yet to find a home. Our bedroom was in tip top shape. We decided to opt out of a bed frame for the time being, so the bed lied down on the floor on top of a box spring, pushed up against the wall. Pillows of all different colors and sizes were strewn about on the window ledge, and the closet was packed tightly with clothes and shoes. Although the bedroom was bare now, Mabel declared on the car ride here that she had plans for the room, some of which including twinkly lights and other Mabel-y things. I looked around our bedroom, content with how things are coming together so far and I felt a smile spread across my face.

"Dipper! It's six o'clock. Are we still going grocery shopping?" Mabel yelled from the living room.

"Yeah, be there in a second!" I replied, grabbing my wallet from the night stand. I headed out to the living room to find Mabel in her underwear.I covered my eyes in groaned.

"You are so NOT doing this to me right now, Mabel Pines!" I exclaimed.

"Dipper," I heard her pout. "You promised tonight."

"Mabel the night is still young. I wish I could say doing you on the floor of the living room was a priority, but right now it isn't. I need to go grocery shopping," I said, peaking one eye open.

"Fine. Go. But the minute you get back, and the minute those groceries are put away, it's on," she said, her voice filled with lust.

"Like donkey kong," I said, kissing her head and giving her butt a quick squeeze before heading out the door to the grocery store.

                                                                             -------------------------------------

Conveniently, there was a grocery store only a few blocks down the road from the apartments. I walked in with one mission: get the basics tonight; things to last you Mabel and myself the first few days. Mabel and I could come back in a few days with a meal plan for the upcoming week scheduled so shopping would be easier. 

I pushed the cart down each aisle, putting anything I found absolutely necessary to have now. Eggs, milk, bread, peanut butter, jelly, and other quick things that would be easier to throw together in the next few days. After I was content with my cart load, I headed up towards the checkout. Out of the three checkouts the small store had, only one was open. A lady in front of me was finishing up as I headed forward.

"Hi, find everything you need?" a young boy, most likely the same age as me said. He had shaggy red hair and was pretty skinny and lanky. He had dark green eyes and there was freckles scattered all over his face. He gave me a warm smile.

"Yeah," I replied, returning the smile.

"I hope I'm not being nosy by asking, but I have never seen you in here before. We usaully don't get many tourists coming through through, mainly locals. Are you new to town by chance?" he asked, scanning my items. I nodded.

"Yeah, my girlfriend and I just moved in the Lantern River Complex today, actually," I said.

"Oh cool. Since you're new to town....are you by chance interested in a job application? I know it can be hard and stressful looking for a job right after you moved. I was in that position a few months ago," he explained.

"I promised my girlfriend we would go look together for jobs tomorrow. If nothing captures my interest, I'll take you up on that then," I said, smirking. He nodded and hand me my bags.

"Sweet deal, man. Your total is $24.72," he said. I handed him exact change before waving goodbye. I quickly, yet carefully put the groceries in the back of the car, and hurried on home to my princess.