Chapter 26

I barely slept at all that night. And I really should of, it was a long day. Between Grunkle Ford's service, getting one of the jewels, and having a goodbye "date" (more like brother and sister hangout, considering we were in Gravity Falls), I should have been exhausted. I was, but I was scared to go asleep for too long. I knew Dipper all too well, and he thinks it's best for him to try and sneak out before I can wake up and realize I'm gone. He even told me. But he's wrong. Each time I thought about his words throughout the night, I clung onto him tighter and tighter, scared to let go. But the time got the best of me, and suddenly it was 6:00 A.M, and Dipper was waking up. He grabbed my hands slowly as I pretended to be asleep, and he set them down as he slid out of bed. I opened my eyes the minute he turned around and sat up, wrapping the covers around my bare body. I watched as he grabbed a pair of jeans and a San Francisco 49ers shirt out of his duffel, throwing it on. He headed out of the room for about five minutes, and when he returned he had all his hygiene items with him. He looked shocked to be see me up. 

"Why aren't you sleeping?" he whispered, concern spreading across his face. I bit my lip and felt my eyes begin to water.

"You big idiot, you think I got any sleep?" I whispered, letting out a sniffle. He tossed his stuff in his duffel and zipped it up, and hurried over to me. He grabbed my hands and held them as he rested his forehead against mine. I looked down, at our hands, afraid to look into his eyes. 

"Mabel Ann Pines," he whispered against my lips. I stayed silent. I felt his forehead stray away towards mine and he lifted my chin up. I lost it and the tears began falling down my face. I had no control.

"You know I don't want to leave, you know that. This is so hard," Dipper whispered and I watched tears prick at my eyes. "I really don't want to do this..."

"Dipper, please don't be an idiot and break up with me right now. Don't," I said through my gritted teeth. He shook his head immediately.

"No, no. I'm not. I wouldn't. I never will," he whispered. "Mabel, this whole thing is so blown up, on both sides. I'm going to be back in a month realistically, you know that, right?"

"A month is so long when we've been inseparable our whole lives," I muttered. 

"You make leaving so hard," Dipper muttered.

"I'm sorry..." I started, feeling awful. 

"No. Don't. It's just, you make me realize how much we do spend time together and it always hits me how we never get tired of each other, we only want more," he whispered, looking up into my eyes. 

"God, Mabel, I'm so in love with you," he whispered, pulling me in close.

"You're the love of my life, Dipper...Falls," I added in and Dipper let out a stifled laugh as he looked down at my wrist. 

"Mabel?" he whispered. "It's time," he said, standing up. I nodded, and stood up as well. I rested my hands on his shoulders as he dipped his head down and kissed me. My whole body tingled and everything inside of me melted down to nothing. This is how each kiss felt. Every single one. Like my body was about to explode. His lips so tingly, yet so sweet, I could have sworn I was kissing an angel itself. We kissed for about two minutes and I broke away.

"If we kiss anymore, it's just going to be harder," I said, as I gave him small push towards the door. I followed me downstairs. Soos was on the couch, sleeping, but Grunkle Stan was in his recliner, watching the news. Dipper headed over to him and bent down next to him.

"Well, I gotta head off, Grunkle Stan," Dipper said. I expected a usual mutter from him, but he turned to look at Dipper, and put one on his rough hands on top of his.

"You're doing a good thing, kid. I bet this means the world to him," Grunkle Stan said. Dipper nodded and he continued. "He may have been my twin brother, but no doubt in my mind, you were his best friend," he said. Dipper leaned over and hugged him and said my final goodbyes. Dipper left Soos stay sleeping, and he headed towards the door. I remembered that he left hi duffel upstairs and I ran upstairs to retrieve it. I caught up to him back downstairs, duffel in hand. 

"Wouldn't want to forget this," I said, handing it to Dipper as we walked towards the car. Dipper popped the trunk and threw it in there. We walked over towards the drivers side and he slid in. I bent down and we looked at each other. He saw the tears in her eyes well up again and shook his head sadly. 

"Please don't. I know I won't be here, but text and call everyday, and Skype when we can. Soos will take extra good care of you while you're gone, and he'll bring you home today. You're going to work, keep our apartment in good shape, and live your life. I'm going to do what I have to do and come home as soon as possible," Dipper said. Without warning, I bent down and pecked him quick on the lips. I could tell he was surprised; we never risk anything even that minor out in the open. 

"I love you, Mabel." 

"I love you more, Dipper. Now hurry up and leave so you can come home," I said, tears pricking at my eyes. He gave me one final look and gave me a small wave goodbye, before putting the car in gear and heading off towards Jupiter Springs. I blew a kiss, and then waved until I couldn't see Dipper's car anymore.