Chapter14

I stared down at Waddles and sighed heavily. He cocked his up and looked up at me, giving a small grunt. I knelt down on the floor and pulled him into a tight hug. 

"I'm going to miss you, Waddles. Don't worry; I'm coming back very soon," I said reassuringly. Waddles nuzzled my head and I giggled. It was going to really suck not having Waddles around every single day. We called the apartments earlier this week and they informed us only cats were permitted. In the light of this downside, I was still over the moon thrilled that today was the day that Dipper and I start something new. 

"Mabel! I need you to bring down the last of your bags! Gotta get the rest loaded up!" Dipper called up the stairs to me. I grabbed the armload of bags from my bed and began journeying down the stairwell with them.

"Jeez, Mabel. I thought you said you had a lot of this packed up!" Dipper muttered. I shrugged my shoulders as he relieved some of my load. We headed outside with the rest of my belongings, shoving them into every open part of the back of the U-Haul. Grunkle Stan came out from the shack and grunted. 

"You kids keep the car as long as you need. Soos does most of my running now anyways and I don't find much need for it," Grunkle Stan explained, handing us the keys. Dipper and I immediately engulfed him in a large hug. 

"We're going to miss you, Grunkle Stan," I muttered, nuzzling my face into his shoulder. He patted my back simpatically and moved us away so he could look us in the eyes. 

"You two stay out of trouble now, you hear? And you better be down here every other weekend, especially you Dipper. Ford told me you told him you would help out often. I bet he wishes he could be here to say goodbye, but he left pretty early this morning. He said to tell you guys he gives you the best of wishes," Grunkle Stan said as Waddles ran out, and curled up next to his feet. "And don't worry, I'll take extra good care of the little guy," Grunkle Stan laughed, which resulted into a coughing fit. We gave him a final goodbye before he hobbled back into the house. 

"This is it. You ready?" Dipper asked. I nodded and he opened my car door for me before heading into the drivers side. I looked up at the roof of the Mystery Shack. Thinking about the memories the roof would forever hold. Dipper grabbed my hand and gave it a tight squeeze before he started the car. 

We were on our way to our new life.