Chapter 22

The next morning, we did exactly what Dipper said we were going to do. We threw on our clothes from the day before, and headed north to Lantern River. He drove this time, and I held his hand tight the entire time, refusing to let go. Last night was too much to handle. I've lost Great Uncle Ford, and now in a sense, I feel like I'm loosing Dipper. I felt disgusted with myself: I was upset with Grunkle Ford for giving Dipper this mission. Neither Dipper and I wanted to admit it, but we knew this mission was going to take a while. He was going to be driving all over the country and realistically, he was going to be living out of his car for God knows how long. Although I pitied Dipper in a sense, I felt selfish more than anything.

                                                         -----------------------------------------------------  

The minute we arrived at our apartment, I bumped into Natalie in the hallway. I gestured Dipper to go in and start packing and he did as told.

"Mabel, you ready for your first day! We can go together if you'd like," Natalie said. I groaned, and Natalie looked confused. 

"I'm...I'm sorry, Natalie. My...my Great Uncle died last night. I have to go back home and take care of some things. I can't do this today. I'm sorry. If your dad needs to let me go I understand," I mutter. 

"Mabel, oh my god...I'm so sorry," Natalie said, wrapping me in a hug as I stood there awkwardly. "Don't worry about my dad...I'll talk to you. You go what you need to get done, but the minute you come back here you let me know, okay?" Natalie said, her eyes locking with mine. I nodded understandingly and she waved goodbye as she headed towards the elevator. I sighed as I walked inside the apartment. Upon entering the bedroom, I saw Dipper was already packed. 

"Soos called while you were out there. Grunkle Ford was able to muster up some extra cash to get Great Uncle Ford a coffin and a spot in the cemetery. They're working hard today so we can have the memorial tomorrow," Dipper said solemnly, continuing to pack. I lied down on the bed and watched him, so captivated by everything about him. I suddenly felt myself get hot. Dipper and I got intimate quite often, but what was I going to do with myself with him gone. Without giving it much more thought, I strutted over to him, his back turned to me as he rummaged through the closet. I bit my lip before pushing him in. I heard Dipper give a yelp and I quickly shut the door behind me. 

"Mabel!" Dipper demanded. I teased my lips above his and slid my hands up his shirt.

"Dipper," I said, my voice full of luster. 

"We can't do this, not right now," Dipper said in between each of the quick kisses I gave him on the mouth.

"Then when, Dipper?" 

"To-" 

"We can then too, but I need you, Dipper. So bad. I need as much of you as I can now before you're gone," I said, feeling myself getting anxious. Dipper remained quite, but picked me up and shoved me against the wall of the closet, and began kissing me deeply. He had his way with me in there, as well as on the bed, on the couch, and every where else in between. In our last round, we were back in the bed and at the end, I could barely catch my breath. 

"Dipper," I said, pleased. "You're phenomenal."

"As are you," he replied, he reached across me and grabbed his phone, checking the time. 

"We should get dressed, Mabel. It's almost noon. We should head out," Dipper said, crawling over me and grabbing his clothes. I wasn't ready to go back to Gravity Falls. I just wanted to stay here forever. How unfair is it that Dipper and I finally escape Gravity Falls so we can be together, and the minute we try, we are torn apart. I wiped the tears away I felt forming in my eyes, standing up to get my clothes to get dressed as well. I quickly packed an overnight bag with all my essentials in a backpack. Dipper was ready to go before me. He had almost of all of his belongings backed up in a large suitcase and a backpack. He grabbed his pillow and an extra comforter we had up in the closet. We made sure we were all in check before heading out and heading back down to Gravity Falls to say our final goodbye to our beloved Grunkle.