Chapter 27

Author's Note: For those who follow me, you know that I previously stated that I have been going through finals these past two weeks and I wasn't able to update as much as I would have liked. I am entering a new semester now, and I am getting myself back on track and I hope to get back to my daily/every other day updates like I usually do. Thank you for those who are still reading and have been patience! If you are ever curious about updates and/or why they are taking a longer time they usually, I suggest you follow me on here so you can get notified when I send out an update. I hope you are all enjoying the story so far! xoxo! 

It was the minute that I passed the Gravity Falls sign, leaving town and heading north towards Jupiter Springs that I realized it.

I realized this wasn't some dream. It wasn't at all.

It was all too real. And the reality of it all was I was going to miss Mabel more than anything.

What she said earlier was 100% true. Before we even started dating, we basically became inseparable after we spent our first summer together in Gravity Falls. I told her I would be gone a month...but who knows? Nothing ever goes perfectly...it really doesn't. I bit my lip and turned up the radio a little bit and switched the station, unhappy with the song. I turned it to the local 80's station and I felt my heart skip a beat the minute I changed it. The Beach Boy's "Wouldn't It Be Nice" started blaring from the speakers of the car and I felt tears prick at my eyes. It was our song. It has been since we started dating and it always will be. It just resonated with us. 

"Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray it might come true. Baby then there wouldn't be a single thing we couldn't do. We could be married, and then we'd be happy," I sang softly amongst the radio, wiping the tears from my eyes. The song soon ended and I drove past the Jupiter Falls sign. I pulled up into the gas station and Benji was already heading out, duffel bag slung over his shoulder. A very large and stout woman came out after him. 

"Stay safe, Benji!" She hollered from the entrance of the store as Benji hopped in the car, he waved goodbye and shut the door. I backed out of the car and he looked over at me. 

"Where to first, kid?"

"Blue Mounds, Wisconsin," I said, hopping on the road and heading out East.