Chapter 3 (REWRITE)

Henry's eyes fluttered open as the sun shone through the window, pulling him out of his rest. He got dressed, in casual clothes this time. The suit was really only for presentation. He despised the fact that he had to dress up in order to buy a Pet - a human.

Once dressed, he began to rummage through the drawers again, trying to find clothes that wouldn't literally fall off her frame. Finally finding some, he walked into her room and paused. The curtains were wildly flapping in the wind as a cool breeze entered the room. Those two simple things caused his mouth to curl down, knowing that even these two simple things she was denied at the Shop.

Rose's back was facing away from the door, huddled in the covers and blankets, almost like a cocoon. Henry's eyes left the window and he walked to the bed. He opened his mouth to speak, but didn't. Truth be told, he had no idea how to wake her without frightening her.

"Time to get up," he said in a gentle voice. It was awkward but that was the only thing he could think of to say.

"Five more minutes, dad," she said in a little bit of an annoyed tone. She snuggled closer to the blankets.

"Um . . . I'm not your dad," Henry said.

Rose sat up quickly, startled. "Master, I-I'm sorry I thought-"

"It's ok. Here, put these on," he said gently. He handed her the smallest pair of sweatpants he could find and a small t-shirt as well. Her shaking hands hesitantly took the clothes. "I'll be downstairs making breakfast. After you get dressed, come on down, ok?" he asked.

She quickly nodded.

Giving her a faint smile, he left the room, shutting the door behind him.

Rose remained on the bed for a few more seconds, not understanding. She hadn't been punished for sleeping in the bed. Instead, he had given her clothes! His clothes! It felt so wrong for a Pet to take something that was their Master's. This was wrong. But, he had told her to change and if she didn't wear his clothes then she would technically be denying an order.

Rose's hesitance only lasted a second before she walked to the bathroom. As she quickly changed, she avoided looking at herself in the mirror. She didn't think she could stomach to see herself. After so many years of being abused and underfed, she imagined her body being nothing but the angles of her bones.

Quickly covering her body, she finally looked up at the mirror and despite her haiste to not keep her Master waiting, she stopped. It had been so long since she had seen her reflection that she had forgotten what she looked like. Her hollow cheeks made her features almost sickly looking. Her dull green eyes seemed glossed over, one of which was surrounded by a faded black eye. Her finger gently traced the top of her nose. It dipped down faintly in the middle, where it had been broken and left to naturally heal one too many times by her Master.

Her Master! He was waiting for her!

Tearing away her eyes from herself, she quickly made her way down to the kitchen.

Rose's pace slowed when an almost intoxicating smell entered her nose. Of course, she knew that she would never be able to eat the food, but the smell was enough. Bowing her head, she walked next to the island and waited for Henry to notice her.

Henry was facing the stove as his finger tapped against the counter, waiting for the food to cook.

"You can sit," Henry said, still facing away from her. Rose began to lower herself. "In a chair," he added.

Rose did as she was told and lowered her head.

After a minute or two, a small plate and bowl was placed in her field of vision. Her eyes glanced up at him and he took the same position he had had the last time they had eaten. Looking back down at her food, she noticed it was the same broth from last night and on the small plate were fluffy yellow things.