Chapter 14 (REWRITE)

They had stayed outside all night; Henry's arm still wrapped around Rose's waist and her hand still on his. The moon illuminated the grass, making it look like the grass was faintly glowing.

All of a sudden, a crackling bang shot throughout the sky. Rose jumped before glorious realization hit her of what that was. If there was thunder, then rain was coming! She hadn't been out in rain in years!

Small droplets of water began to fall from above and within a second, the water was coming down in full force. Rose stood up and let the rain fall on her, outstretching her arms and opening her mouth.

Henry stood up and watched as pure elated happiness engulfed Rose. She laughed - one of the first times he had heard - and ran her fingers through her wet hair. Her pale skin glowing.

Lightning lit up the sky around them and deafening thunder followed. Rose jumped back, accidentally running into Henry, but the smile was still there. His arms naturally wrapped around her.

Another deafening boom followed.

"We should probably go in," Henry said.

"Yeah, that's a smart idea," Rose said.

They both ran inside. Both were soaking wet and now their clothes were uncomfortably sticking to them.

"If you want, you can go change and I'll get some blankets and towels." He tossed his sunglasses to the side.

Rose walked upstairs as coldness began to take over her. Closing the door behind her she quickly changed into comfier, warmer clothes before she tossed the wet ones into the hamper. She walked out of her room and stopped when she saw Henry leaning against the railing in front of her. He had changed into more comfortable clothes as well and a huge fluffy blanket was wrapped around his arms. Now that his hair was wet, stands fell onto his forehead. He wrapped the blanket around her and picked her up. A small squeal of surprise escaped her lips and her hands naturally clung to his shirt, somehow ensuring in her mind that she wouldn't fall. A small blush spread throughout her cheeks. Henry smiled and pulled her closer.

He walked down to the couch and sat down before he gently moved Rose off his lip. Daringly, she rested her head on his shoulder and he returned the favor by wrapping his arm around her. Turning on the TV, they both relaxed.

Henry's eyebrows scrunched together when something iron tasting entered into his mouth. It was blood. It was sweeter than most blood, which meant it was AB Negative. Rose's blood.

Why am I tasting her blood? he thought. Then he remembered how good her blood was. He wanted more. As if his body was screaming at him to drink from her, he started to hear her heartbeat. He started to smell her blood. He couldn't take it anymore; he needed blood. He didn't want to, but he couldn't take it.

He stood up and started to walk out of the door.

"Where are you going?" Rose asked.

"To the store . . . to get more blood bags." A hint of shame was evident in his voice. By now, the stores should have restocked.

"You . . . you c-can have my blood." Rose offered. She needed to convince herself that every time Henry got hungry, he wouldn't hurt her. She had to believe that not all vampires were the same, and this was the only way she could think of. She was willing to take that chance. Henry had already proven he was different from other vampires, but this was the one unsure spot.

"Are you sure?" Henry asked.

"Yes," Rose said. Henry hesitantly walked back to the couch and sat down. "Is it going to hurt, like last time?"

"No, you'll just feel a small pinch," Henry reassured her as he looked her in the eyes.

"How come it won't feel like the last bite?"

"The pain is determined by how I feel. Last time, from what you told me, I was mad so it would have hurt more, but when I just want blood, it doesn't hurt." She nodded her head. He slowly leaned his head down to her neck. About an inch away, he stopped. "Are you sure you are ok with me doing this?"

"Yes."

Henry wrapped his arm around Rose's waist, holding her in place. His fangs pierced her neck. Her blood tasted better than he remembered. It was so sweet and rich.

Rose felt little to no pain. A few seconds later, she started to feel dizzy. She needed for him to stop. "Henry." She breathed out. He took his last gulp and brought his fangs out of her neck. Licking and healing the wound, he pulled away.

"How do you feel?" He placed his hand on her head and looked at the complexion of her skin.

"I feel a little lightheaded, but I'm fine," she said as Henry continued to examine her.

She laid her head on his shoulder. He pulled her closer to him as relief washed over him, she wasn't scared of him. They intertwined their hands, both of them smiling at each other while resting. 

Hope you enjoyed it, don't forget to comment, follow, and vote. ;)

I'm now getting paid on an app called Inkitt. For every read, I get money. It's completely free for u guys and it would mean a lot to me if u would go check it out! Also, the last five chapters are on this app if you would like to read the entire story. (Link in bio)

THE BOOK ON HERE ONLY HAS TWENTY CHAPTERS - I WAS FORCED TO TAKE DOWN 40 ON HERE - BUT ON INKITT IM ADDING BACK A CHAPTER A WEEK UNTIL I REACH CHAPTER 54 (ONLY 10 CHAPTERS LEFT) BEFORE I CAN'T POST ON THERE. JUST A HEAD UP THAT IF YOU WANT TO READ THE ENTIRE BOOK, IM SORRY TO SAY, THAT YOU HAVE TO BUY IT.

THIS BOOK IS NOW PUBLISHED SO GO BUY AND REVIEW IT ON AMAZON AND GOODREADS!!!! THIS BOOK IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON IBOOKS, NOOK, KOBO, SCRIBED, 24 SYMBOLS, !NDIGO, AND ANDERSON AND ROBERTSON. GO BUY AND REVIEW IT THERE TOO!

Follow me on IG: molly_grace_s (link in profile)

Twitter: molly_grace_s (link in profile)

FB: Molly Stegall (link in profile)

Inkitt: link in profile