Chapter 18 (REWRITE)

Henry pushed something into the fridge and closed the door.

Henry. . . , Rose's thought infiltrated his mind.

Henry froze. He didn't know what it was, but this sounded different. It sounded like she was anxious? In pain? Weak? Sad? Stress infiltrated his body when he couldn't decipher the emotion.
Abandoning what he was doing in the kitchen, he ran outside but immediately froze. Two people were lying in the grass. He recognized the small frame to be Rose, but the other couldn't be made out.

Rushing to the pair, he saw it was Rider. Henry knelt beside his brother and looked at him. His eyes were open and the crimson had just receded away. Blood ran out of his mouth and down the sides of his face and chin.

Rider's glossed over eyes slowly looked around, but all he saw were blurs.

It took all but a second for Henry to register the blood on Rider's face and know exactly where it came from. Quickly turning to Rose, he watched as a thin trail of blood trickled out of her neck. Her skin was a glossy white and he could barely hear a heartbeat.

Henry scooped her limp frame into his arms and ran inside.

"Mom!" he shouted. "MOM!" He didn't know what to do! Rose was dying! The hospital wouldn't help her! He still didn't have any blood bags! Giving her any of his blood would change her into a vampire!

There had to be a way to save Rose!

"What happened?!" Lisa asked as Henry placed Rose on the couch.

"Rider. . . . He did this. . . . He-"

"Honey, you need to breathe."

"What about Rose?" Tears were now freely rolling down his cheeks.

Lisa slowly looked down at Rose, her mouth opening and closing, but she honestly didn't have an answer. With her silence, Henry received every bit of information he needed to know - Rose was going to die.

Henry looked back at Rose and gently cupped her face with his shaking hands. Rose's eyes barely opened and she looked at a blurry Henry.

"Hey," Henry said in his best attempt to sound normal. Rose opened her mouth, but only whimpered in pain. "It's ok, don't speak. I'm here."

Henry finally came into focus. Using her last bit of strength, Rose parted her lips and spoke, "Change." Her eyes closed and her body went limp.

Henry tried frantically to hear her heartbeat, but there was none! There was no heartbeat!

Rose was dead.

Lisa slowly knelt next to Henry, who was in shock. What had she meant by change?! Change her? Change her into what? A vampire?

"She . . ." Henry began, "she said 'change.' " His voice was shaking.

"Change?" Lisa's own voice was shaking. All the composure that she had had was gone.

"I think she told me to change her into a vampire."

Lisa was silent for a moment. "You know what might happen if you do and you're found out?"

He nodded. "I need her, mom," he murmured. He was on the verge of breaking down. His body began to shake and he naturally pulled Rose's limp one closer to him. "I-I ne-ed her." It was a mixture of hyperventilation and crying.

"Do it quickly." There was a time frame for the dead. If someone was dead for too long, then they couldn't come back, no matter how much vampire blood was given to them. "I'll go take care of Rider." She stood up and left the room.

Without thinking, Henry pierced his wrist with his fangs and drank his blood. Quickly, he bit into Rose's bruised and slightly swollen neck. Within the next second, his blood was running through her body.

Henry watched her for a few seconds, hoping she would sit up any second, but that didn't happen.

It'll take time, he reassured himself.

Henry placed his head on Rose's chest and held her.

I love you.

Hope you enjoyed it, don't forget to comment, follow, and vote. ;)

I'm now getting paid on an app called Inkitt. For every read, I get money. It's completely free for u guys and it would mean a lot to me if u would go check it out! Also, the last 40 chapters are on this app if you would like to read the entire story. (Link in bio)

THIS BOOK IS NOW PUBLISHED SO GO BUY AND REVIEW IT ON AMAZON AND GOODREADS!!!! THIS BOOK IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON IBOOKS, NOOK, KOBO, SCRIBED, 24 SYMBOLS, !NDIGO, AND ANDERSON AND ROBERTSON. GO BUY AND REVIEW IT THERE TOO!

Follow me on IG: molly_grace_s (link in profile)

Twitter: molly_grace_s (link in profile)

FB: Molly Stegall (link in profile)

Inkitt: link in profile