Chapter 3

Souls POV

I stared at Kids arms, tears flowing down my face. Hundreds of cuts covered his arms, long ones, short ones, fresh ones and old ones.

I knelt by his bed and noticed how pale and thin he had actually got.

"Kid. Im so sorry, i wish i could have come sooner!"

Kid suddenly woke up scared.

"S-soul?"

I looked at him, he looked terrified. He was only asleep for 5 minutes.

"Nightmare?" I asked.

He teared up nodding, i sat on the bed next to him and hugged him. He clung to my waist like a child and cried.

" Kid what happened?"

He didnt answer.

"Kid have you eaten?"

Still no answer.

"Kid... Why have you cut?"

He raised his head from my chest and looked at me. His golden eyes looked dull and scared, ive never seen him like this.

"Kid, its ok"

He looked down refusing to speak.

He mumbled something so quietly that i couldnt hear him.

"Kid what is it?"

He carried in mumbling but i couldnt make out a word. He suddenly stopped and shook his head.

"I-i-cant"

I lifted his chin so would look at me, he blushed slightly and i looked him in the eyes.

"Then i wait for you to tell me, i will never leave your side, ever, im so sorry Kid"

He looked at me, a glimmer of hope flickered in his eyes.

"R-r-really, you m-mean it!"

I nodded, he looked doubtful so to prove it i kissed him lightly on the lips.

He looked at me shocked, his face turned bright red. He looked away from me.

"W-w-what was t-that for?"

"To prove to you that i will never leave you, and thatimayhaveahumongouscrushonyou"

I cant believe i am actually telling him. He tilted his head confused.
" and what?"

I blushed as i said "that i may have a humongous crush on you!"

He blushed. Then looked at me.

"Your not lying?"

I shook my head.

"Your sure?"

I nodded.

As if to himself he mumble 'but he said no one will ever love me' i made him look at me.

"Whoever said that is a liar, i love you and so does your father and all our friends. Who said this to you anyway?"

He shook his head.

"T-they'll come after me" he repeated those words over and over.

I gently shook him, he didnt stop.

"Kid"

"Kid!"

I kissed him and he stopped.

"Please calm down Kid, they wont come after you, Kid who are they?"

He hestitated but fear seemed to take over as he refused to say. He pushed me away from him and ran away. I followed him.

"KID!!!"

He ignored me and ran.

Kids POV

Soul said he loves me. That impossible, he cant love me. No on can love me THEY said so.

I couldnt take it any more, i had to get away... but Souls touch was so warm and comforting.

No.

I pushed him away and ran.

"KID!"

I ignored him and kept running. Yes the kiss was magical but he didnt mean it.

I ran and ran until i reached the edge of a thick forest. I plunged in and ran further into the dark wood.

Soul wasnt too far behind but i was slightly faster.

I ran to a small clearing and saw THEM sitting in the middle of the clearing.