Chapter 13

Kids POV

Soon after Maka apologised me and Soul went back to my place. My side was really sore and i think its bleeding as my jacket is sticking to my side.

"Hey, you okay? Youve been really quiet?"

I turned to Soul and shook my head.

"Im just thinking" i replied.

"What about?" He asked.

"Nothing much" i said. He cant really know what happened.

"If it was nothing you wouldnt be crying" he said as we reached the front door.

Crying? Im not - i felt tears fall down my cheeks. Soul took my hand.

"What wrong Kid?"

"I- Im just upset that Liz and Patty are still ignoring me, theyre my weapons..."

Soul pulled me into a hug. "They'll come around, you mean alot to them, you rescued them off the streets"

I hugged him back. Hes so warm, and he smells like vanilla. I want to stay like this forever. Soul seemed to feel the same way as we stayed like this for a while.

Eventually he broke the hug and looked down at me.

"You feel a bit better?"

I nodded and smiled. He blushed. I giggled and opened the door. Just as he closed the door he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me towards him. He rested his head on my shoulder, i could feel his chest breathing against my back.

"S-soul? What a-are you doing?"

"Kissing my boyfriend that what" he turned me around and kissed me.

It might sound cliche but it was magical i felt fireworks exploding. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he held me by the waist and pulled me closer.

Souls POV

Kid wrapped his arms around me while i drew him closer. Hes so adorable i cant help it. I run my tongue across his bottom lip and he jumped,breaking the kiss. He was panting slightly, and was blushing madly.

I smirked hes so cute. I lifted his chin my other arm still wrapped round his waist. His arms were still round my neck left his unguarded. I gently kissed his neck until i found his sweet spot. He gasped as i sucked gently then procceded to kiss him.

I ran my tongue against his lip again asking for entrance. He shyly complied and i slipped tongue into his mouth. Things got heated as we fought for dominance. I easily won and i took full advantage.

After a while Kid broke the kiss for air. He was panting more heavily as was i. It was getting late so we decided to head to bed. We cuddled up together on his bed, his head resting on my shoulder and chest.

"I love you Kid" i said and i kissed his forehead.

Kid snuggled into my chest and whispered back. "I love you too"

He quickly fell asleep. I held him close as if i let go, he would disappear.

"Im going to help you Kid, i promise"

I woke a few hours to find Kid squirming in his sleep.

"N-no ... S-stay away ... I'm n-not... Leave me a-alone ... LEAVE ME ALONE" I gently shook Kid.

"Kid it's okay it's just a nightmare!"

He wasn't waking up.

"GO AWAY, GO AWAY, ....... GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" He was shaking and sweating.

"Kid wake up-"

Kid started thrashing about and proceeded to shove me off the bed. It was getting worse. He was crying and repeating the same words over and over. I got back on the bed and held him close trying to calm him down, but it continued.

"STOP IT!! ... STOP ! ... LEAVE ME ALONE!!" I rocked gentler trying to calm him down. His nightmare sounds awful.

"Kid please snap out of it! I'm right here"

" THAT'S NOT TRUE! ... HE DOES!" He was full on crying but still asleep, I grabbed my phone. Who do I call? Tsubaki? I dialled her number, suddenly aware of the time. The quiet and slightly groggy voice of Tsubaki picked up the phone.

"Soul?"

" Tsubaki I need you here quick, Kids having a nightmare and I can't get him to wake up!" Kids screaming and crying only got louder and he was thrashing about a lot.

" I'm on my way" she hung up and I carried on trying to sooth Kid.

"Ssh it okay I've got you"

"SOMEONE HELP ME!" I tensed at that sentence. What's going on inside his head. Tsubaki then entered and rushed to the bed.

"Kid's its me Tsubaki and Soul please wake up"

He didn't responded only continuing to thrash around crying.

"Why won't he wake up!"

Tsubaki looked baffled " i don't know, but Lord Death might"

I looked at her, she looked at Kid. Who had stopping screaming but was still moving about wildly and crying. I nodded and Tsubaki ran to the mirror on the wall.

"42-42-564 whenever you want to knock on deaths door"

It took a while but Lord Death finally picked up.

" Tsubaki? Why are you calling so late? What's that noise?"

" it's Kid, he's having some sort of nightmare and we can't wake him up" she said.

She stepped aside to reveal me and Kid to him. He gasped and immediately turned to me.

"Soul listen carefully, no matter what do NOT leave his side okay? He trusts you a lot, I'm coming over."

"But lord Death you've never left the scho-"

"My son is more important"

Kid started screaming again.

"NO!!! ... GO AWAY... I-IKUTO..."

Ikuto that prick, he's going to pay big time for this.

"Tsubaki stand back I'm teleporting through the mirror" she did and Lord Death got ready to teleport. When he did Kid moved more violently and to stop him falling off the bed I held him a bit tighter. His body visibly winced and I saw blood trickling from is side.

Tsubaki carefully lifted Kids shirt to reveal a long cut across his side. What happened yesterday flashed through my mind. Kid jumping down, summoning beelzebub, ikuto cursing, blood on one dagger and Kid collapsing.

Blood on one dagger...

Ikuto had cut him.

Lord Death analysed the cut.

"There is some sort of poison in his wound, that is preventing him from waking up, I'm calling Dr Stein this needs to be removed as soon as possible"