Chapter 21

Souls POV

I watched in horror as Kid and Ikuto disappeared in front of my eyes. (Through the smoke of course)

Tears fell down my face.

I failed.

I failed to protect the one i love.

~~~~~

Third person POV

Lord Death burst threw the Death Room door panting.

"I heard some commotion, i could open the door what hap-"

Lord Death saw Soul on floor, sobbing his heart out.

"Soul? What happened? Are you okay?"

Souls only response was muttered so quietly Lord Death had to hold his breathe to it.

"I failed.... Hes gone..."

Soul started rocking back and forth, his breathing quickened as he began to hyperventilate. Lord Death knelt beside him.

"Soul its okay" was all Lord Death could say as he was the white haired boy try to calm down.

Instinctively Lord Death wrapped his arms around Soul and comforted him. Said boy had now clung to Lord Deaths robes, afraid he would disappear too and he would be all alone.

Half and hour later, Soul had calmed down enough to tell Lord Death what happened.

Soul expected him to shout at him for failing to prtoect his son. But Lord Death only hugged the boy and thanked him for literally doing all he could.

"B-but, i could have saved him, I-i could have-"

Lord Death interupted Soul with another hug.

"I know you did your best, if Ikuto has magic from a witch, a weapon alone could not take him on, Kid hasnt completely healed yet"

"But i still-"

"Its okay Soul, we will find them, and Ikuto will be killed, this has gone on far enough, he had his chance."

Soul nodded. Lord Death instructed him to lay down and sleep to help him recover as Soul had lost alot of energy fighting Ikuto.

Lord Death, then left and re-told what had happened to his death sythes. They left immediatly on the mission solely to find Kid.

Soul however did not sleep. His mind kept him awake with all thoughts off ehat had happened stuck in his mind.

He couldnt do anything to save Kid.

Kid is in serious danger and he is here resting.

Ikuto could be doing anything to his Kid and he couldnt do anything about it.