Chapter 8

Souls POV

Todays the day.

Todays the day Kid will go see his father. Its been a week since the river incident, and in that time Kid has been opening up more.

Tsubaki came over a few times and got him to eat a bit more and he's slowly starting to trust her aswell. The others still havent come around but Kid doesnt seem too worried.

We are walking up the the stairs to the DWMA. Im holding Kids hand, hes really nervous and is shaking slightly. Tsubaki offered to come as moral support so we are meeting her there.

We walked through the doors and past all the students and classrooms. Tsubaki was waiting outside Steins classroom.

"Hey Soul, Hey Kid, are you ready?"

Kid nodded but stayed close to me, the crowds were getting thicker in the hallways. I held his hand firmly and i led him through the crowd, Tsubaki following behind.

We reached Lord Deaths room and thankfully the halls had cleared. Kid stood infront of the door and took a deep breathe.

I squeezed his hand for reassurance and he squeezed back. Apart from us only Tsubaki knows of our relationship.

~~~~~flashback to two days ago~~~~~

Kid grabbed some popcorn from the microwave and put on the movie Frozen.

We sat on the couch, Kid next to me leaning in my chest. I had my arm round him and the fed Kid popcorn every so often.

We were getting towards the end of the film and Kid fell asleep. He's so cute in his sleep, the movie ended so i gently picked Kid up. He stirred and opened his eyes.

I smiled. "You missed the end of the movie"

He pouted "awww the ending is so good"

I laughed and bent down to kiss him. He met me halfway and wrapped his arms around my neck.

The front door opened and in walked Tsubaki. She gasped as she shut the door. We immediatly broke apart.

"Yes, i knew it!" She squealed.

~~~~~~~~~Present day~~~~~~~~~

Kid lifted his arm and knocked on the door. The doors opened but Kid didnt move.

He looked at me and Tsubaki

"Will you both stay no matter what? I - I dont want to be alone"

"Of course we will Kid"

He took a deep breath and we walked into the room.

We reached the middle of the room where Lord Death was their alone, with his back to the door.

"H-hello father" Kid stuttered quietly.

Lord Death spun round and gasped.

"Kid... youre here"

Kid tightened his grip on my hand. Lord Death took note of this but carried on talking to Kid.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Lord Death had soon after Asura was defeated changed his voice to a less annoying squeaky one, it was deep but not too deep.

Kid shyed away holding my arm, i have to admit if i was in Kids shoes i would be scared of Lord Death's booming voice.

Lord Death looked surprised and looked at me. Kid looked at me too, then Tsubaki.