Chapter 19

Souls POV

"Soul, Kid... How exactly did Ikuto come after you, he was locked up in a high security cell?"

Lord Death, Kid and i were in the Death Room, the events of yesterday still fresh in out minds. We still have no idea how Liz and Patty broke Ikuto out of his cell, or where there are now. They havent shown up since Ikuto threw them off somewhere.

"All we know is that Liz and Patty had something to do with it" i said.

We were planning to stay in the safety of the Death Room for a while, as Ikuto is on the loose. With Lord Deaths protection, Kid felt a bit safer with his father around. But for Soul it meant that he couldnt cuddle with Kid as much as he would have liked to.

Lord Death had got Spirit to bring in two beds so they could stay in a safe place where Lord Death could also keep an eye on them.

"Kid, Soul i am going to help Spirit and Stein find Ikuto, will you two be okay here alone?"

I nodded and looked over at Kid, who was currently napping on the bed. Lord Death left the room making sure to lock the door after him.

I walked away from the mirror and sat on the bed next to Kid. I removed the book that was left open next to him.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Hes still reading Harry Potter? I chuckled quietly and bookmarked his page.

I guess i could give it a shot. I picked up the first book that was left in the floor. Kid had been binge reading them since we have been here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a book squashed to my face. I lifted the book of my face and chucked it to the floor. Kid was still fast asleep beside me, but was now resting against my chest.

I glanced around the death room, Lord Death had come back and was talking to Liz and Patty. None of them had realised i was awake, so i lay quietly ready to close my eyes if needed.

"We are really sorry, Lord Death we just wanted to know what happened, we didnt mean to free Ikuto" Liz said, looking extremely guilty as did Patty.

Lord Death sighed " do you realise the danger you have put my son and Soul in!"

" thats another thing, why are they so close now, Soul never leaves his side, they are even sleeping on the same bed!" Liz cried.

I closed my eyes as the three looked over at us.

"That is none of your concern, back to the topic at hand, do you know where Ikuto is?" Lord Death asked.

I opened my eyes slighty and saw both weapons shake their heads.

"If you find out anything, let me know immediatly"

"We will but first, we want to know about Souls involvement" Liz said

"And i said said its none of your concern" Lord Death replied.

"But we are Kids weapons!" Patty said.

"Well maybe you should have acted more like his weapons!"

"But-"

"Enough! You can go now"

The girls nodded and reluctantly left the room. Lord Death looked over at us again and i closed my eyes. I heard him walk closer and felt him sit down on the bed next to Kid.

"I promise i will protect both of you"

He then got up and left the Death room locking the door behind him.

I opened my eyes fully and sat up slightly, careful not to wake Kid. Kid looked so peaceful in his sleep. I reached down and gently moved his bangs out of his face.

I hope they find Ikuto soon, he will pay for what he has done.

"Dont worry Soul, you've found me now!"