Chapter 28

Soul's POV
3 weeks... 3 WEEKS!! And Kid hasn't so much as moved. It's like he is making no effort to wake up. Fed up of waiting Lord Death has called for Stein to come again and check Kid over. Me, Lord Death, Tsubaki, Blackstar and Maka are waiting for him to arrive with Spirit. I'm desperately hoping he can wake Kid up, we are all hoping he can wake Kid up. I can't bear being without him any longer.

Liz and Patty still refused to leave the outside of the infirmary, they had even started camping outside, waiting and waiting for the chance to be let into the room. Lord Death and I still refused their entry, but they stuck it out. Stein rolled into the room with Spirit following behind, Stein got of his blasted chair and walked over to Kid's bedside. He did his routine procedure of medical checks, but ultimately came up with nothing. There was nothing physically wrong with Kid. His cuts, bruises and internal injuries had now completely healed, but the unspoken question of Kid's mental state was still unchecked.

Stein stood back slightly and closed his eyes, and checked in the condition of Kid's soul, from this he can see what mental state Kid is in. He stumbled back as he snapped his eyes open and looked shocked.

"Stein, what's wrong?" I asked. His expression gives me a bad feeling about Kid.

"I'm... I'm afraid Kid's... mental health is not good, his soul seems to be contained... it's like nothing I've ever seen before... the only thing prevent Kid from waking up... is Kid himself..."

Kid doesn't want to wake up? But why?

"Kid is in a self induced comatose, that him and only him can decide when... and if he wakes up" Stein continued sadly. "I'm afraid there is nothing we can do but stay with him and support him, it is possible that he can hear us"

My rested my head in my hands, Kid doesn't want to wake up. Does he not want to be here? Does he not want to be with me? With anyone? Tears fell from my eyes, I don't care anymore, I just want Kid, I don't care if I'm crying in front of everyone. I don't care that I'm practically sobbing. I sobbed my heart out, I cried so much Lord Death sat down next to me and just held me while I cried. Tsubaki was quietly crying, Blackstar and Maka, comforting her quietly. Out of all the others Tsubaki, was closer to Kid, especially as she had been so supportive.

Kids POV
I heard everything Stein said. I'm in comatose? That I created? I heard Soul, crying quietly, which then turned into heartbreaking sobs. This is all my fault... I'm making Soul cry like that. And... I can fix it! I've been selfish, staying like this... for what?

I can wake up, for Soul, my dad, for all my friends.

I... just need... to ... open my eyes.
I just need... to open... my eyes.
I just need to open my eyes.
I JUST NEED TO WAKE UP!

Bright light filled my field of vision. I slowly sat up, and turned to Soul. No one had notice I had woken. I cautiously got out of the bed, but being in comatose for so long, my legs were weak. I collapsed onto Souls lap and grabbed his jacket. Tears fell as I finally got to call to him.

"Soul... Soul I'm sorry, I'm here... I love you..."

Soul snapped his head up and his ruby red eyes stared into my golden ones.

"Kid?"

I nodded as he smiled and pulled me into his lap and hugged me, tight.

"Your awake... your awake... thank god, I've missed you so much, I love you too!" Soul cried into my shoulder, as I did to his. By now the others had seen and were rejoicing, and Lord Death joined our hug before getting up to tell Liz and Patty. Just because they had made big mistakes doesn't mean they didn't have the right to know that I'm okay.

Soul lifted his head off my shoulder and kissed me, still crying. I kissed back and we stayed like that, for a while. I have missed this, I have missed Soul. He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

"I've missed you so much... I'm so glad your awake" he whispered.

"I'm sorry..."

"What? This wasn't your fault, it Ikuto's, but you never have to worry about him again, he is gone and gone for good." He said.

"Really?" I whispered.

"Really"