Bonus Chapter 30

Souls POV

I'm gonna do it...

I can't do it...

Urghhh yes I can.. It shouldn't be so hard to pick a bloody ring. I leaned against the wall in the jewellers and sighed.

"What about this one?" Tsubaki pulled me over to yet another glass cabinet.

"I don't know, I want to find the perfect ring, but I don't know which one is the right one.." I flapped.

Tsubaki laughed. " just pick one that feels right, or one that represents your relationship."

I nodded and pondered at the many rings in the store. As I was walking round I saw a golden ring, that stood out from the rest. It looks just like Kids eyes... The ring next to it was the same golden colour but had tiny rubies decorating the top.

I pointed them out to Tsubaki.

"Wow, they are beautiful, the ruby looks just like your eyes!"

"Perfect, I'll take two of the gold and one with the rubies please," I said the owner.

Wedding and engagement rings bought I headed back to Tsubakis place to plan the proposal.

I wanted to do it today, so I had black star and maka distracting Kid while I did the shopping and planning.

My plan was to propose to Kid in the clearing in the woods. A lot happened since we last went there, but we would not be here now if not.

Lord death had agreed to set the scene with Liz and Patty, filling the area with lanterns and candles and flowers all over.

Proposing there will help us move on and for the past. When Kid first woke up 2 years ago, it took him a long time to realise Ikuto was gone for good.

As for Liz and Patty, well Kid forgave them last year. They have him time to think things over and came over one day and apologised so much that I had to stop them because Kid couldn't get a word in.

They had even begged for forgiveness on their hands and knees. Kid looked at me and we burst out laughing. Kid forgave them right there. It took a lot for the tough Thompson sisters to beg for anything.

I wanted to do the proposal in private as it would make all the more special. But I do have Tsubaki hidden for pictures as the only exception.

We headed over to the clearing. I told Maka to bring Kid to the entrance of the forest at 6:00. It was 5:45 now.

With the ring in my pocket and Tsubaki hidden with the camera we waited for Kid to arrive.

Kids POV

"Come on Kid, there is one last place you need to go to" Maka called as she and Blackstar dragged me away from the cafe.

"Where are we going ?"

Maka and Blackstar shared a smirk and continued to lead me. We reached the edge of the forest when the stopped and pushed me forward.

"Follow the petals"

Then they were gone. I looked around the entrance and saw rose petals and candles forming a path. Confused I follow the path. Flowers and lanterns filled the trees and covered the ground.

It was sunset, so the candle and lanterns gave the forest a low glow. I followed the trail until I came to the clearing.

And there stood Soul, right in the middle of the clearing.

Souls POV

He's here...

I smiled as Kid made his way over to me.

"What's all this?" He asked.

I took Kids hands and looked into his beautiful golden eyes.

"Kid, we have known each other for a long time, but have only dated for a couple of years. But these past few years have the best years of my life...

Because I have had you. You are the most amazing, strong and brave person I have ever met."

Kid has tears on his eyes as I continued.

"We have been through so much and I think it's time that we had the happy ending we deserve. "

I paused and let go of Kids hands and took the small box from my pocket. I got down one knee. Kid had tears falling back down his cheeks.

"Kid... Will you marry me!"

Before I could do anything Kid threw his arms around my neck and hugged me. Still crying I heard him whisper

"Yes, yes I will!"

I wrapped me arms around him, then pulled away slightly and kissed him. I heard the faint sound of a camera clicking in the background but ignored it as Kid kissed back.

We stood up and I slipped the gold and ruby ring on his finger. He gasped.

"It's beautiful, the rubies... Look just like you eyes!"

I smiled tearfully. "I know how much you like my eyes, so no matter where you are, you know i am always with you. "

Kid giggled and hugged me again.

"I love you"

"I love you too"