Chapter 7

~~if you can play the track, i thought this song went really well with this scene, awww the feels~~

Souls POV

I left the apartment to search for Kid, i searched the whole city but he was no where to be found. I ran to the forest calling Kids name the whole time.

Kids POV

I stared intently at the water. The cold clear water beckoning me to jump in. It knows i cant swim but wants me to anyway. I know its sad but the water actually WANTED me. Me of all people!

I slowly stood up by the bank and gingerly made my way to the waters edge. One more step and i would be in water, gone ... at peace. I lifted my foot about to step of when Soul ran from between the trees opposite me. He stopped short when he saw me.

"Kid.. Are you okay?? Come away from the stream you know you cant swim" he said softly.

I just stared at him and continued to step forward.

Souls POV

I stopped when i saw Kid, he was about to step into the stream. But he cant swim!!

"Kid.. Are you okay?? Come away from the stream you know you cant swim" i called to him, quietly so he wouldnt slip.

He looked at me, his eyes looked dull and grey. He continued to move forward.

"Wait, Kid, we can figure this out! Please come away from the edge," i pleaded.

"I dont want to see my father" he whispered.

" if thats what this is about then we dont have to go... not yet"

He looked at me again lowerering his foot a bit.

"Its not just that, i cant do this anymore!"

"Why not?"

"I just cant, everytime i close my eyes i see THEM, their words replay over and over in my mind, i just cant do it anymore!" He was sobbing by this point and i slowly made my way around to the other side.

He looked at me.

"S-soul stay away!"

"I only want to help you Kid!" I called desparately. He was still dangerously close to the edge.

"I dont need help i need be alone. I cant forget what they did, its unforgetable!" He cried.

"Its not if you let me help you!"

He shook his head and lifted his foot once more.

"No one can help me now" he whispered.

I had managed to make my way round to stand next to him without him noticing. I grabbed his hand gently, he jumped and turned to me.

"Let me go!"

"No, Kid i want to help you..."

"I love you!"

Kid froze, and looked up at me. He seemed to be debating if i was lying or not. I would never lie to him.

"I would never lie to you Kid"