Chapter 9 The Siren and the Draconequus

In the city of Manehattan, it was morning.

The group walked sensitively through the street, evading the places that were lit by street lamps on each avenue. There were still very few pedestrians and automobiles in motion, it was a city without sleep.

The group had to move quickly and pass by the big streets and avenues.

After a few minutes, they arrived at their destination, the most famous jewelry store in the whole city. Without moors on the coast, they went to the back part of the buildingñ Discord and Ahuizotl climbed the three story

building.

Then they threw down a rope so that the rest could climb up, Discord and Ahuizotl had to hold the rope because there was nothing to tie it to and it was barely long enough for the rest to climb up.

One by one, they went climbing up quickly and with precaution.

In the meantime, Sombra was in the lower part of the building. After he forced open the cover for the electricity generator, he began to cut the electric cables using a knife and plastic gloves.

When he was sure that the building was without electricity, Sombra reunited with the rest.

Then, Discord, Ahuizotl and Sombra with their force combined managed to open a metal grate that conducted to the ventilation tunnel of the building. Then one by one, they entered slowly and without making much noise.

When they made sure that they were in the counter area, Discord opened the bottom of the ventilation tunnel, he fell out, landing on his feet. The group was impressed that Discord landed on his feet with no problem, even

though it was a three floor drop.

Ahuizotl quickly tied the rope and one by one, they climbed down into the jewelry store, they were careful about it because the rope was in a terrible condition.

After they all climbed down they lit a few lanterns that they had stolen before.

"Look at all of this." Said Crysalis looking at some of the jewels that were in one of the glass cases that was locked. "We have to steal as much as possible."

"Be careful." Said Sombra. "Don't break the glass on the jewelry counters, we don't know if they are guarded with an alarm."

"But." Said Chrysalis. "You already cut the electrical energy."

"We don't know if they have backup energy." Said Sombra. "I cut the electricity to avoid the cameras and the exterior alarms."

"In order to avoid even more problems." Said Discord. "We should only rob the safe and all that can be easily taken...Ahuizotl, Sombra, follow me."

Ahuizotl, Sombra and Discord walked to the room where the safe was, the three boys began to do all that was possible in order to open it.

In the meantime, the girls inspected the place in search of any valuable object. The found some jewels that had little value, they put them away in their pockets.

A few minutes had gone by, with much effort they tried to open the safe, Ahuizotl listened carefully while Discord moved the wheel where the combination was made with the numbers.

Sonata, Aria and Crysalis entered the room, meanwhile Adagio looked at the jewelry on display.

"Guys," Said Sonata. "Dawn is beginning to break...we have to go."

"Just a few more minutes." Said Discord.

In the meantime Adagio looked at the jewelry that was displayed, one of them caught her attention, it was a ruby in the shape of an octagon, Adagio smiled. This was possibly what she was looking for.