twelve

jack's pov

moving briskly out of my office, i shove alexa aside. yes, i'm an ass towards kehlani, but there's a pull towards her and i can't get enough of her. maybe, just maybe if i took the chance with alexa, it would make me realize that everything i'm feeling is fake.

i run my hand through my hair, frustrated, looking down every corner of my floor. blake happens to be walking past at that exact moment.

"where the hell is she?" i demanded loudly, getting stares from my staff.

for a woman in a tight ass skirt, she moves quite quick. i squint my eyes to see further, but she's no where to be seen. there's many people on this floor, but i'd know right away if i saw kehlani.

"what did you do to her?" blake's eyebrows pull together right away, knowing who i'm talking about.

without giving me a chance to answer, he darts towards the main area in search of kehlani. no. there is absolutely no way in hell he's getting to her before i am. she can't depend on him.

"what the hell are you doing?" i shout to him.

"going to look for her. what do you think?" he shoots.

looking like an idiot, i literally run and slip inside of the elevator before he can, but from what i see, blake takes the stairs instead. i angrily press the buttons, knowing that if i don't hurry, he's going to get to her before me.

when i finally get to the first floor, i dart out of the elevator and see blake looking around the lobby, lost. ha. he didn't find her yet.

"maybe she already left." he says through gritted teeth. "what the hell did you do?"

my eyes widen at his tone, "i'm your boss." i defend.

"i understand that. you're also kehlani's boss. she deals with you more than anyone else in this building on a daily basis and you have the decency and the nerve to hurt her?" he seethes; what a horrible time to mention my audacity.

he doesn't even know what's going on! but this feels like i'm getting slapped in the face with reality. i can't and won't forgive myself if kehlani walks out of here without talking to me or telling me that i'm an asshole.

"you can't say that to me." i grit to blake.

"yes, i can." he retorts and anger surges through me. "fire me."

i open my mouth to say something, but then close it. i can't fire him. he's needed here.

"exactly. you can't do it." he spits at me.

kehlani's pov

after trying to clean my tear stained cheeks, I realize that it's useless because i still look the same. i just decided that i'll go home for today. i don't know why i'm crying over someone as stupid as him.

it might be because just a few days ago he asked me on a date and now he's kissing a new employee? getting out of the first floored bathroom, i keep my head down, not wanting to make eye contact with anyone.

i don't even have my purse with me, damn it. turning around to go up the elevator, i pray that jack isn't in his office. i reach the fourth floor and sneak into his office, gathering my things and stepping over the spilled coffee. that sucks.

after getting my bag and jacket, i slyly exit with my head still down. i take the elevator to the first floor and stop immediately when i see jack on his phone and blake looking around. what.

"kehlani." blake acknowledges my appearance, causing jack to hang up his phone and stride over me.

i take a risky step back because our proximity must be limited. i can't be near him.

"i'm going home." i tell blake, but then hear jack whisper.

"what? no. kehlani, talk to me." jack says, stepping closer to me.

i shake my head, "no there's nothing to discuss. you're so confusing and i want nothing to do with you."

i feel his hand on my shoulder, making me step back once again. it's like the triggered something because waterworks just flow freely down my face. i look so pathetic.

"i'm taking my break, jack." blake speaks up and then turns his attention to me. "let's go somewhere."

"just fucking stop, blake!" jack groans and emphasizes. "i am trying to talk to her. you can't have her all to yourself."

blake narrows his eyes, "neither can you."

"just let me speak with her."

"maybe she doesn't want to talk to you."

jack ignores blake's words and i'm surprised that he didn't fire him yet. i swallow a lump in my throat, waiting for jack to talk.

"where do i even start-"

"nowhere. you don't have to say anything. it was pretty clear what you were doing and you made it clear that i'm nothing to you, but your personal assistant." i say.

"that's not true." jack's face softens. "you know that's not true."

"i really don't know." i shake my head. "i just want to go home right now."

"no, you can't. i want to make things right between us."

"nothing can be right between us! you're gonna say something that genuinely means something to me and then go and kiss another girl when i turn my back for one second!" i raise my voice, causing him to flinch a little.

i couldn't care less if i'm making a scene. i'm absolutely furious and sad.

"you don't have to worry about me anymore. you don't have to try to be nice to me." i tell him.

"what are you talking about? what are you trying to say?" he rushes, panic lacing in his brown eyes.

i sniffle, wiping my nose with the sleeve of my shirt. my glassy eyes look up at him and guilt waves over his entire face.

"i quit."

{vote, comment, share}

behlani or jehlani!!!