thirty

kehlani's pov

"come out, baby." i hear jack's voice outside of the bathroom.

"no, i look ridiculous." i reply. "there's barely any coverage in the needed areas."

"it's not like there isn't anything i haven't seen." he laughs and i scoff. "i'm sorry, i'm sorry. just come out and let me see."

i look in the full body length mirror again for reassurance before opening the bathroom door. i don't want him to laugh!

"jack... where are you?" i cautiously ask, stepping further into the room.

he suddenly pops out of nowhere, shouting and grabbing onto my waist. i let out a little scream and slap his arm.

"what the hell! you need to stop that." i chide and he grins, examining my body.

"you look sexy. money well spent." he tells me, running his fingertips against the lace material.

"really?" i raise an eyebrow and lean back to look at him. "this doesn't look funny to you?"

"no, it doesn't, but it does make me hard."

i smile, shaking my head at him. he tightens his arms around my waist and kisses my cheek.

"what are we doing today?" i ask him, pinching his cheeks. "if you wanted to spend time with me, i mean." i correct myself.

"of course i do." he smiles. "i'm having some friends over for a barbecue."

my eyes widen, "friends as in your hot, successful friends?"

he scrunches up his nose playfully, "i don't agree with the first part, but i guess you could say they're successful."

he runs his hand up and down my back, probably searching for the clasp so that he can undo it. he places a lingering kiss on top of my shoulder.

"okay, you're actually scaring me." i confess. "what happened to the demanding and ignorant mr. gilinsky?"

"i left him in the office." he responds, pecking my lips.

*

"and the beast has arrived!" a voice shouts.

i look over to see sam and reagan entering the backyard. yeah, i haven't grown the balls to tell reagan that sam is using her. it's probably going to end up badly if i don't tell her soon.

greeting erupt from everyone's mouth and jack slings his arm around my shoulders. he slyly pulls up my strapless maxi dress at the top. i glare at him and he just grins in return.

i head to where nate, his girlfriend, and johnson are. it's funny because i haven't bothered to learn nate's girlfriends name.

"hey." reagan chirps, holding a wine cooler.

"hi." i smile at her and she takes a seat next to me.

nate's girlfriend grimaces at us and reagan takes notice.

"hello, can i help you?" reagan asks, her inner ghetto girl coming through.