Sang and Erik

Sang's POV

"Sang,  Pay attention, we don't have much time before she comes to check and see if we are done packing. I'm not ready for you to get punished again and you know she will for any little thing"  Erik says as he lightly shakes me out of my daydream.  I'm thankful he shook me this time instead of blasting me out of my thoughts.  There is a haunting look in his ice blue eyes and I suddenly know its because he is still sore from my last punishment.

   I place my hand on his shoulder and feel the tension and pain disappear.  I think to myself "why did I wait so long to take it away?" I then realize how selfish I have been.  My poor precious twin was still hurting from my last punishment from hours ago and I was so lost in an unremembered daydream that I didn't take his pain away.  I feel so bad I cast my eyes down quickly thinking to him softly, "I'm so sorry do you still love me?"

      I hear him laugh softly as he pulls me into a hug.  I hear his reply just as gently in my mind, "Of course, baby bear, its us against the world always and forever."

     For some reason him saying this gives me a sudden feeling of foreboding but shake it off as being overly cautious.  I feel like its a deja vu but not from hearing him say it.

    Erik and I have been a force to be reckoned with since our birth almost 17 years ago. But we were not your typical twins, we shared many secrets that caused us to move quite frequently. I know this move is my fault.  I blocked Erik from taking a beating our step mother gave me a week ago and one of my teachers seen one of the bruises that I unsuccessfully hid. 

  Our "twin connection" was not your typical relationship for fraternal twins to have.  We shared everything with each other, we could share our thoughts, feelings, even pain with each other without even saying a word or looking at each other.  The first time we realized the latter was one of the first time our step mother punished me.  I was in the kitchen with her and I could hear the snap of my wrist bone as she snapped it, but it was Erik who screamed out in the living room and had the bone protruding from his hand. 

    That's when she started to get creative with her punishments.  She would make me block him so as not to hurt daddy's favorite while she tortured me, which also hurt Erik when he realized he failed to save me.  Or she would hurt him knowing I would take the pain from him.  We lived in fear as to what that "she-devil" would do to us next.  Luckily if we took the pain for the other person it would heal quickly.  Even luckier she didn't know this so she continued to allow me to do it thinking she was hurting me more than she truly was.  The broken wrist Erik absorbed for me that first time didn't even need to be put in a cast it was completely healed before he got to the doctor. 

     This is also the reason why Erik is one of the most sought after offensive tackles in the state.  He can tackle and be tackled and never get hurt or suffer a concussion.  Trust me my head and body knows first hand as I am often sore for hours with all the damage he should have taken on the football field.

   "SANG!!!"  I hear Erik blast into my mind quickly focusing my thoughts on him.  "We need to get our rooms packed up but we can do this before they get back if you can concentrate on what we need to do.  Maybe if we are done before they expect they will allow us to go outside and sit on the swing and we can plan how we gonna survive this move."

   I grab his hand and look at my room from the door we are currently standing it.  I quickly direct all of the clothes to fold themselves and neatly pack themselves in the bags at the end of the bed, as the sheets came off the bed folded themselves and went into a box with the rest of my meager  belongings.  My precious books neatly put themselves in the box as it closed itself and tape went along the edges keeping it closed.  Just as Erik predicted my room was completely packed within minutes.

   I went to work directing Erik's room with the same efficiency.  Then by closing my eyes while still holding Erik's hand, I shifted all of our belongings from their room into the back of the moving truck parked outside without ever opening the door.  I knew they would be exactly where I wanted them to be.  If I had known where the house we were moving to was I could have just shifted everything from one room to another but we were kept in the dark as to our end destination.  We were lucky she doesn't know we can do this or we would be doing it something completely different as a form of twisted punishment for an offense only she knows.

   Erik squeezes my hand looking down at me with a twinkle in his eyes, "Feel like living recklessly?"  I shrug my shoulders and think back playfully, "what cha got in mind?"

   Erik smiles, looks at his watch and for the first time in a while says out loud, "I think I'm hungry. We have time before they get home from their movie day, do you wanna go grab something to eat?"

    I groan as I look up to him with adoration in my green eyes as I reach  up to push a lock of his shaggy black hair behind his ear,  "And where do you suggest we go out to eat papa bear?"  (I don't know where this nickname came from just felt like calling him it one day. It may be because he calls me baby bear so much became automatic.)

   He towers over my petite frame and laughs, "Since I'm older I get to pick and I want Chinese food so shift our clothes to something presentable and I'll actually drive us down town to go get it."

    I playfully smack his arm, "By 14 minutes you are older, you ogre, and what do you wanna wear?"

    "Nope I'm a day older and I want to look dressed up.  I want suit, tie, whole nine yards, baby bear, chop chop we haven't got all day."

   I laugh loudly.  "Only cause you were born at 11:58 at night brother dearest."  I know he hates it when I call him that as I duck and quickly avoid the arm that's headed my way to chop back of my head.  I  think of and picture the outfit that I want Erik to be wearing and touch his bare arm as I think it and suddenly feel the material of the suit's arm beneath my hand.  It was a deep blue suit with a tie the almost white shade of blue that matches his eyes.  "He looks like perfection," I think and instantly feel the wrongness of that thought almost like I'm supposed to think that about someone else instead.

   I quickly changed my clothes into a knee length slim fit black skirt with a light pink silk shirt with a modest neckline.  My shoes were now light pink flats.  This was one of my favorite abilities, to change our clothes with a thought. This was our biggest "secret" though, the fact that I had more than one ability. 

    It was common to have one ability, but to have more than one was unheard of.  Erik had two abilities but our family (father and step mother) only knew of one, the taking of my pain, which they think is a shared ability.  Little do they know his actual ability is to erase and manipulate memories.  He also can boost my abilities by touching my hand. I'm not even going to think of my ability, because I will either give myself a headache or an anxiety attack.

    I feel his hand push my hair back and tuck my blonde curly locks behind my ear as he whispers in said ear, "Penny for your thoughts baby bear, you been day dreaming a lot today what's wrong? This is so unlike you I'm starting to worry."

   I smile brightly up into his face and boldly say back, "You couldn't afford my thoughts and I'm sorry I haven't meant to worry you.  As to why or what I'm daydreaming about that's the weird thing I don't know.  I have been getting odd feelings and thoughts all day and don't know why.  I'm probably just nervous about the move.  You know how scared I get to be around new people with new abilities.  I never know what I'll feel next and I'm scared I'll reach my breaking point and explode or something.  But it is kinda fun learning new abilities. You said something about a plan for our next move will you tell me about it as we eat?"

   "That's the revised plan, baby bear."  Erik squeezes my hand as we walk toward his car to drive to the restaurant. 

*****************

I'm sorry if this is a short start.  Once the Academy boys start to make their appearance I will start changing the POV so will hopefully make story more interesting. Again if you can find errors or suggestions please let me know.  I want this to be the best it can be.  I will be starting the update with them at the restaurant and the plan now but am unsure as to when I will be posting it.  Please like and comment so I know someone is actually reading it. May make me more motivated to finish and post quicker.  Thank you to everyone taking the time to read this and hope you like it as much as I like writing it.  ♡ ya all