Partners in Crime

Erik's POV

     "Ok, the best way we can plan this is if we pool our abilities so we know what we are capable of doing.  We know that Miss Sang can control, manipulate and create fire what's your ability, Mr  Erik?"  The one who called himself Mr. Blackbourne asked me.  I looked over to Sang, "What do I tell them? Did the other two tell them about you whammying him through me.  They may think I have that ability. Do we tell them the truth? Do you think we can trust them?"

     She looked guilty as she looked down at her hands.  I know that look she already did something I'm going to wish she didn't.  "Gabriel knows we do this, I have already mind linked to him and Jess too.  I have a good feeling about them papa bear, trust me for once.  Do you want me to answer for you?"  I nod my head slightly.   I'm not sure when the dynamics of our relationship changed but I don't like it.  I'm supposed to be protecting her not her protecting me.

Sang's POV

     "Meanie, how much can we truly trust you and your friends because we have secrets that if they get out we'll have to move again.  I just got here and I don't want to leave again.  Can you all just be okay with the fact that both of us are special?"  I looked pleadingly at Gabriel waiting for a reply before anything was said.  He nodded his head, and very loudly in my head said, "Oh hell no, you ain't going anywhere.  I own your hair remember.  We will protect both of you from anything that can hurt you. I promise you this right now, there's no amount of trouble we can't get you out of."

      I took a deep breathe and said, "What would you like us to be able to do Mr Blackbourne?"  He looked at me in confusion.  "Miss Sang we are aware of your ability, I was inquiring as to your brothers."

     "Again what would you like for us to be able to do?  Just know this one fact if you're scared of what he can do you are looking at the wrong twin if you are looking for power."  He's staring Erik down now.  Oh he is not going to make me do something I may regret is he?

    "Miss Sang, if you are the twin to fear then I assure you, your twin does not have any ability that we may be interested in."  He is really pushing his luck now.  I look over at Erik and don't even have to mind speak he nods his head looks at Gabriel and covers his ears.  I just hope Gabriel gets the hint. 

     "Stop talking now! You will look at me when I'm talking to you and you will answer my questions now.  Do we have anything to fear from you?  Why do you want to know what abilities we have and yes if you haven't figured out already I have more than one.  Depending on your answers you may or may not remember this conversation.  Are you understanding me Mr. Blackbourne or am I going to have to find other ways of making you talk?"

     Mr. Blackbourne turned to me when I compelled him to.  "Yes, Miss Sang I completely understand and apologize for not listening to you earlier.  The only way you can see us as a threat is if your abilities are too strong to be controlled.  I am asking because its my job to know this.  We all have more than one ability ourselves.  I'm sorry that I just assumed that fire was your only ability.  I assume language comprehension is one as well, and from the sounds of it vocal compelling similar to Kota. Interesting, if I may ask is there more that you and your brother can do?"

     I look over to Gabriel and mentally tell him to tell Mr Blackbourne what he knows, I'm still trying to calm myself.  I close my eyes in fear of a storm starting to brew.  Erik senses my unease and anger and gently grabs my hand and sends me calming thoughts.

     "She can communicate telepathically as well sir we have been talking for a few minutes now, well since she thawed you."  Gabriel looks down, I guess in fear of their reaction I'm not sure.