Nefarious Laughter, Really

Erik's POV

    "Erik!!!!"  Wow that hurts she not only screamed my name but blasted me with it.  I was giving her an extra few minutes to see what would happen but I guess its not going too well.  I open the door to the bathroom and look toward my baby sister to see her eyes huge holding a napkin that's on fire.  The flames are threatening to kiss her fingertips but she still holds it screaming.   I so have to talk to her again about social situations.  She is supposed to be trying to blend in, not draw attention to both of us. 

   I rush over to her grabbing the napkin dropping it to the floor and stomping it with my foot.  She jumps at me wrapping her legs around my waist with her arms around my neck.  Yeah definitely need to talk to her about appropriate actions in public.  As she hangs onto me as tightly as she can I grab the jacket I had placed on the back of my chair placed it around her shoulders making sure it covered her in case her skirt slipped up.  Oh the things I do out of love for her.  If we didn't share the same womb I would be so embarrassed right now. 

    I know from the looks those imbeciles at the table are shooting my way that we had better leave sooner than I anticipated.  At least they didn't rush to her which in my mind is a sure sign that we pulled this little ruse off.  They definitely think she's with me and as much as this internally makes me cringe its the only thing I can come up with to protect her.

    I casually go to the register pay for our food and carry Sang to the car.  As I place her the passenger seat to my car it finally sank in.  Sang can control fire now.  That is so cool.  Some times I wish I had her ability but then at times like now I am thankful its her and not me who is burdened with it.

    I look over at her curled up in the seat and smile.  My baby bear can look so grown up but in the end she'll always be my baby bear to protect.  I am not looking forward to the day when she realizes that there is a world outside of this outside of us.  I know its petty of me but I love having her rely on me as much as she does. I don't want anyone to ever come between us and I'll do whatever I have to to ensure that never happens.  I start to laugh at my own thoughts.

   " Nefarious laughter, really Erik.  Sometimes I wish I knew exactly what you were thinking other times I'm glad I  don't," my little mouse squeaks out. 

    Ok this time I'm grabbing my stomach I'm laughing so hard.  I look over at Sang's confused expression.  Not a smart thing to do, I don't think I have ever laughed this hard in my entire life.  I watch Sang's eyes as fire dances in the pupils.  Uh oh!!!

    The flames disappear as the devilish grin that only I know suddenly appears.  This is not going to bode well for me I know this now.  So I do the only smart thing I can do and that's scrunched my face up and hope for the best. 

    I hear her tinkerbell laugh and peek my right eye open to see what she's up to.  Not the most thought out plan I've ever had but what can I say.  As soon as she sees me looking I felt a blast of water splash my face.  Imagine you just washed your hands and flick water at someone well that's what my hellion did.  Must be another of the new abilities she picked up.  I wonder what else she's hiding.

    As I wipe my eyes her tinkerbell laughter increases in volume.  "Ok enough fun lets get home before the wicked witch realizes we're gone." 

   Oh did she really just go there.  I do believe she did.  I file this in my mind to go over with her as well later as I finish putting my seat belt on and start backing out of the parking space. I drive calmly back to the house.  Oh shit.  I glance over at Sang as she realizes that dad's car is parked in the driveway.

    "What are we going to do, Erik?"  Almost like a whisper in my head.  This is not good if she is already starting to disappear into herself.

     Think Erik think. I grab my forehead with my hand and almost as soon as I do I hear a little louder "Go inside and make them think I've been in my room the whole time distract them while I do go to my room then come out like nothings happened hopefully it will work."

    I don't even question it.  Wait why aren't I questioning this.  This is not like my baby bear.  Oh no its starting.  She's starting to think more for herself.

****** a/n Sorry its not longest or most thought out update.  I did it on my phone while watching kids play at park so if there are problems please let me know so I can fix them.  Hope your day has been as joyful as mine has been so far. Love y'all and thanks for reading my rambling.