Lit Candles

Sang's POV

     I stretched my arms above my head extending them toward the headboard.   Wait where's my headboard?  It was that wayward thought that reminded me where I was and what was going on.   Erik groaned next to me.  My twin was not a morning person.  I sent him a wave of energy almost like a jolt. That should wake him up some.  I could hear shuffling coming down the hall.  My mind started to plan what to do.

     "How are you feeling papa?  Did you sleep well? Thank you for calming me from my night terror.  She's coming down the hallway, so the plan is I'm gonna make myself invisible.  You then are going to open the door for me to go out depending on if she realizes I'm not in bed or not determines our next move." I softly projected to him.

     Erik nodded his head put his hand out till he fealt my hair than leaned forward and kissed my hair.  I think he was trying to kiss my forehead.  I shook my head at my crazy brother.  I know he was wanting to calm and reassure me.  He got up and opened the door sticking his head out first.  He then opened it all the way.  "From what I can see she isn't at your door yet.  How we gonna pull this off?"  He whispered.  Why isn't he using mind speak would be so much easier.

     "Sang get your lazy ass up.  If your not up and downstairs in 5 minutes." She yelled as she pounded pounded my door. She never finishes the threat.  I think its supposed to scare me.  Make me wonder what it may be that she's going to do but strangely I'm not scared today like I normally would be.  She continues to walk toward the end of the hall where our bathroom is probably to check there for me too.

     I looked over at Erik.  He still looked a little dazed but he calmly walked out into the hallway walking past her like nothing odd was going on and opened my door.  This was not an uncommon thing either.  He would always make sure I was up for her when she yelled at me like that. I slipped in and make myself visible.

    I went into my closet and got dressed in there.  When I stepped out Erik was still standing there looking at the door almost like a watch dog.  I put my hand on his shoulder.  I could feel the tension in his shoulders start to melt just from the touch.  I grabbed his hand and we headed down the stairs.

     Our father and his wife, also known as the wicked stepmother, were sitting down at the kitchen table with a smile on their faces.  This doesn't look good for us. 

    "Sang, Erik please sit down we need to discuss something with you.  As you know it's our anniversary next week.  We were planning to move then have a weekend getaway to celebrate but Marie has made different plans to surprise me.  She got us tickets for a 12 day cruise in Alaska.  So the two of you will finish packing and move everything to our new house.  I've already put the address in the GPS of your car Erik.  Sang can drive that and Erik, you drive the u-haul truck.  We will be back in two weeks.  Wasn't that a wonderful surprise.  I have the best wife possible.  The two of you are almost 17 you can take care of yourselves for two weeks.  Hell you will probably have more fun than us.  We have to drive to the airport in an hour.  We will return here after the cruise and drive down to you.  Marie has asked that you unpack as well. I believe that is a reasonable request.  I am going to give you $200 for gas and food for the two weeks until we get there.  Oh and registration for school is next week but just forge my signature or something I don't care.  Have a nice vacation from us kids."  At that our father stood up got his wallet out handed Erik some money and walked out of the kitchen.  The witch just glared and hissed, "The house had better be perfect, exactly like it is here or."  Again an open threat as she stormed out of the kitchen.

     I looked over at Erik who like me had a confused look on his face.  "Did that really just happen?"  I whispered.
He shrugged his shoulders and mind whispered back,  "I have the greatest idea.  We are going to have so much fun until the bitch comes back.  First we gotta take pictures of each room from multiple angles to get everything right.  Then to my GPS, we need to find out exactly where we are going then to my laptop to Google maps."  A blinding smile suddenly appeared on Erik's face.  Oh no this is not going to be good for me.  I have a feeling its going to be let's exploit Sang's abilities time.  Oh joy!