Letting Sleeping Bears Rest

Sang's POV

    As I watched Erik walk toward his room it occurred to me I forgot to boost his energy back.  As I followed him to his room I knew what I was going to do.  He crawled into bed and I did something I haven't done since we were kids.   I climbed in with him and cuddled up to him like he were a teddy bear not a grumpy bear like he currently was.   As I curled my body up to his I sent wave upon wave of tranquility and healing energy.   I heard him sigh as his breathing leveled out. 

    I placed my head on his chest listening to his heart beat a sound that was as familiar to me as my own.   I felt the stress slide off me with each tha thump.  With each of his exhales I fealt my eyelids start to get heavier. Anyone looking in would be confused as to our relationship but for our entire lives since conception we have had only each other.  His heartbeat mine, my pain his, his dreams mine as well we would always be apart of each other's lives.  I just hopped his future wife was ok with a tag along. I knew I would never find one man who could love me.  I could feel myself start to drift off to sleep praying to myself that I slept peacefully for Erik's sake.

     "You ungrateful bitch, if it wasn't for Erik I would have disposed of you years ago.  You are worthless.  No one will ever love you.  Do you know why let me tell you. You are an inconvenience to everyone around you, you can't do anything right and will never amount to anything.  You should be thankful for Erik. If anything were to ever happen to him, there would be nothing to protect you from me.  I HATE you, I wish your bitch of a mother had died after having Erik instead of pushing you out first.  You are going to take this punishment and not let Erik know because if you don't  I will convince your father that he needs military school.  I will make sure your protector is shipped far enough away that he can't stop this from happening."

    The witch just laughed as she carved every word she wanted emphasized into my skin to remind me as I blocked Erik from taking any of this.  He knew it was happening but for once he was as powerless as I was to stop it.  If I didn't have the scars she would know.  I then fealt her jab my side she just carved causing it to bleed even more. "No, you will never hurt me again!"  I screamed at her.  "Never hurt you again" I heard repeated back.

     "You are supposed to look after me always, protecting me not hurting me or letting anyone else ever hurt me either."  I pleaded with her.  "Look after you, protect always, no one will ever hurt my baby bear."

     Huh no that's not how the nightmare is supposed to go.  Maybe I finally broke free from her.  I shake my head and rub my eyes to see Erik looking down at me with his eyes glazed over.  I'm not sure what happened but for once I woke up from a nightmare not scared.  I touched the scars and for once wasn't repulsed but fealt empowered.  I will never be a victim again.  I snuggle back up to Erik placed my head back on his chest and whispered in his mind, "It's okay papa bear, baby bear is safe now you protected her from the bad dream like you always do.  You can go back to sleep now.  I love you."

       "Go back to sleep, love you baby bear" he mumbled closing his eyes. 

       Something about this felt odd and wrong but I couldn't place what it was at the moment.  My mind started to analyze but I shut that down quickly.  I will figure it out in the morning as I listened yet once again to the calming sound of his heartbeat.

*******I know it's a short update and probably no where near my best but I wanted to get at least something out to all of you as a present. I will have another update up within next day or so working on it now.  The next one will definitely be move this one will come into play later.  Will make more sense later.  At least now I can officially tell all of you Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! or whatever the case may be to each and every one of you who may be reading this.  Love y'all  <3  B