Expressions

Academy POV

Kota's POV

"Wait, I'm confused how are you able to handle so many abilities? I know some of us have difficulty handling so many. I mean if what you say is true and I know it's not a lie so it must be true but how can you be sane. Is this why you seem so sheltered? Do you avoid interactions to keep from attaining more abilities. Oh my god the academy is going to have a field day with this information. I wonder if they are going to want you as an agent or to study you. Mr. B what do you think is going to happen? This is actually so exciting to actually find someone as powerful as you are is going to be the pinnacle of my life. I'm rambling aren't I? I'm just in shock I think. Ok let me get this straight so if you can do that then what about Erik? What is his ability? Why was he able to use my ability against me is that part of his ability?" I'm not sure how I managed to do it but I seemed to get all that out in one breath it seems like. I'm still having problems wrapping my head around this. How can one person hold that much power especially in such a small little body. I'm so wrapped up in my thoughts I miss most of the chaos around me. It isn't until I heard my name called again that I come to my senses.

Victor's POV

No wonder she could use my fire that day in the restaurant. She must have just obtained it and wasn't used to it. I'm still amazed at the control she has. And to think I thought she was just perfect for me. Looking at my family around me I realize she is the perfect fit for all of us. "Mr. B we can't let the academy take her away from us. Look at her and her abilities and tell me she doesn't fit perfectly in our family. Erik might as well because I have a feeling they are a package deal."

I hear Jess tell Sang that she understands and for her to do what she thinks is the best for her. What is that all about?

Gabe's POV

I knew she was keeping something from me but to be honest it wasn't really a surprise to me. I sent her a mental message, "I'm still here for you and am going to fight for you. You are it for me and I think most of the guys will agree."

Sang somehow sent me not words but feelings of belonging and love that overwhelmed me. I know I have to be blushing maybe I can convince everyone I am overheated or have a sunburn that no one realized or something. I smile brightly in Sang's direction. I am sure everything will turn out okay the boys won't let me down. Huh what the fuck is Kota droning about?

I'm not paying attention to what is being said around me I'm too enthralled with my little bundle of trouble with the appearance of an angel. Her eyes take on a haunted look and the smile on her face suddenly has a sad tone to it. What the hell is going on?

"Alright, enough of this bull shit. I never should have listened to Sang in the first place. She thought she could trust you fuckers but this is unacceptable. I can't believe I'm doing this. Gabe, Jess, cover your ears and close your eyes." For some reason the force behind the anger in Erik's face caused me to do exactly what he said.

A few minutes later I felt hands on mine uncovering my ears. I opened my eyes in surprise. Sang's eyes widened to mine suddenly opening. I could get lost in her eyes. She put her finger to her lip. "Please don't say anything I'll explain everything later just please play along." A slight nod of my head was my only response to her unspoken request until I knew what was going on.

"So are you going to tell us what your ability is Erik since we know Sang can control fire." Victor said smug like. So the fucker thinks he's special. I could feel the smirk on my face.

Kota gave him a strange look shook his head like he was coming out of a dream then looked at Erik as well. What the fuck happened while I my eyes were closed. Sang pulled away to sit beside me her hand stretched out to reach Erik's hand.

Kota's POV

I can't pinpoint it but something isn't right, there's a lie somewhere and I can't place where it is or who's telling it. My ability has never done this before. I shake my head hoping to jar my senses. I turn to Erik to see what he's going to say.

I saw Sang reach out to touch his hand, in support I guess, but I already knew what he was going to say. I remember the headache he gave me when he threw my whammy back at me. Now I just had to wait for him to say it.

"What can't I do is a better question? I can do just about anything you can think of." My head started pounding it was like it was a lie but it wasn't a lie. I'm so confused my ability has never done this unless he's telling me a truth but not entirely all of it maybe that's why I'm feeling that way. Mr. B is looking at me funny now because I haven't confirmed nor denied his statement. I shrug my shoulders in frustration. I watch his eyes get big before covering his shock a second later.

Mr. B straightens his tie as he looks at Erik with a calculated look. "I apologize for probably overstepping bounds but would you care to elaborate. If I was to say ask you to disappear or control water or change the temperature or something that we can physically see would you oblige. It would be a better demonstration to us and would be greatly appreciated."

Just as quickly as that was said Erik vanished from sight, a fish tank appearing in front of where he was. The water started to string out and dance around the room which strangely started to get warmer as we watched. The water floated around the room changing colors as it did. It finally floated back to the tank settled back into the tank like it never moved and the tank disappeared as if it was never there. A moment later Erik appeared right where he was with a grin on his face. His hand gripping Sang's almost as if she was his lifeline. Something felt wrong with this but I couldn't place what it was. Thinking more and more about it I felt this way before at breakfast.

He must be the strongest person I've ever encountered and I looked to Mr. B for guidance. He was looking at me as well for confirmation. Again I shrugged.

Suddenly Jess busted into a fit of laughter. What is she finding so funny. I turn to her and am shocked to see Sang no longer sitting next to Erik but in Gabe's lap with Erik straining to keep their hand clasped. Sang was trying unsuccessfully to keep her laughter contained. Finally it erupted from her and almost like magic almost all the tension in the room melted away.

"I know one ability you don't have Erik. Keeping my hands off your sister." Gabe flaunted to everyone's amazement. She smiled up at him. Did we already miss our chance with her? Did she make up her mind already?

"Oh hell no you fucker! When I'm done with you, you won't remember who you are never mind where your hands are!" Erik thundered as he started to try to clammer toward him.

"Enough! Gabe why did you have to do that I had everything under control. I just asked one simple thing and you had to betray me too. You just had to taunt him didn't you? Fine so be it. Jess go in my room I'll be there shortly. I need to clean up this mess now. Erik everyone's memory wiped of meeting us. Don't forget to take away the memory of the restaurant. They were all hanging out today at Kota's I'll have you take care of Jess's mom when you walk them back to the house. Try to make them aware of you living here but not see me when we are here so we can go back to plan A. I'm so not looking forward to pretending to be your girlfriend. Maybe Jess can help me come up with something. And regardless of what happened don't hurt them. They don't mean to be so clueless." I have no doubt to the truthfulness of every word Sang said but if that's true I won't remember her in a few minutes but how is that possible.

"I swear if we weren't twins I wouldn't put up with this shit. The things I do for love." was mumbled near my ear. Who was in my room. I looked around but all I could see was my brothers looking around the room aimlessly. They are acting so strange. I hear the front door close but when I look out the window I don't see either Mom or Jess but a huge guy walking toward the house across the street. Must have new neighbors. Will have to have Victor look into that. Can't have unknown factors in any equation, wait when did Gabe get a black eye.

~~~~

Hey everyone sorry life has been so crazy lately I'm trying to put an update out on both my fanfics so I can focus on writing my original next month. Hopefully will have more updates soon.