Chapter Fourteen

2 Weeks Later

Nia

It had been 2 weeks since the whole incident with Lisa. They had beaten her to a pulse but she was still alive and with Sam, wherever Jayden kept them. I didn't care about her whereabouts I was just happy she wouldn't be coming between Jayden and I. Graduation was wonderful and Jayden and I were the only the couple that didn't cry because we had a house together. Things were going great and I started college in the fall.

Chris was out the hospital now and completed his therapy. The team was back together and tonight was the night to hit up Terrence's spot and after some convincing Jayden agreed I could join.

I woke up and walked into the soon to be nursery and grabbed the booklet with color schemes. I was happy about having this baby and especially with Jayden. I still hadn't told my mom and I decided to stop by in a couple of hours.

"Good morning beautiful, what are you doing in here?"

"I'm looking up color schemes for our little girl."

"Our little man will be good with us as his parents."

"Our baby doesn't like being called a boy."

"Our son doesn't like you referring to him as a girl."

"Whatever Jayden, anyways I have to break the news to my mom and you have to tell your mom."

"Well how about dinner over here?"

"That's a good idea. I'll call my mom and you let your mom know."

"Alright, I'll call her while I make breakfast."

Jayden walked out the room and I picked up my phone and dialed my mom's number.

"Hello?"

"Hi mommy, how are you?

"I'm good, when am I going to see you?

"Tonight, I'm having dinner over here for you and my second mommy around 5:30."

"Alright, I'll be there after I drop Jayden to aunty Michelle's."

"Okay mommy, see you later. I love you."

"I love you too."

I hung up the phone and went downstairs to eat breakfast with Jayden. Afterwards we both went to get some groceries for dinner. We picked up extra because I was craving and then headed to cold stone to get my ice cream. We were on our way home and I was enjoying my vanilla ice cream with snickers.

"You know you're a spoiled brat right?"

"What? The baby wants ice cream I can't help it."

"We have ice cream home."

"Yeah but not cold stone."

"Yeah yeah spoiled brat."

"Don't complain about you spoiling me."

"Be quiet."

"Alright i'll be quiet while you get the bags out the car." I said with a smirk.

I left him to carry all the bags while I started dinner. I was making spaghetti with ranch chicken strips on the side and Caesar salad. Once everything was almost done I told Jayden to keep an eye on the stove and I went to go shower and get dress. I decided to wear a simply dress and some comfy sandals and Jayden had on some trues a white t and his grapes. My man was looking good.

We were setting the table when the door bell rang. Jayden went to the door and his mother came in.

"Aww Nia, my baby come here and give me a hug!"

"Hi Mrs. Johnson."

"Girl, what have a told you about that?"

"Sorry ma."

She sat down at the table and we all talked for a couple of minutes and then my mom arrived. I went to open the door and she embraced me in a hug. She went into the dining room and gave everyone hugs and sat down. I served dinner and we were into it when Jayden's mother broke the ice.

"So what's behind this dinner?"

"Well mom, Nia and I are going to be parents."

My mom choked on her salad and looked at me. The only words I could get out were, "Surpirse mommy." But she flipped.

"Nia what have I told!? To use protection right? But you don't listen! You think he's gonna be there forever? Your dad left when you were four and came back to make things right but left soon as I found out I was pregnant again! How can you be so stupid and selfish! Can you provide for your child? I can't believe this! Don't bother coming by the house either, stay yo ass here and have some more kids!" She screamed and then got up to leave out the door. I just say there in shock as the tears rolled down my cheeks. Jayden came closer to me and rubbed my back.

"Baby I promise I won't leave you like your dad did and I promise to always provide for you and my child. Your mom is upset but I'm here for you always baby girl."

I couldn't get any words out I just shook my head and rubbed his ring finger. His mother came over by us and hugged me.

"Well when my grandchild gets here I will watch him or her if you guys need and will always be here. I don't know what got into Nieka for her to go off like that but she'll come around sweetie. I don't appreciate her throwing shade towards my son but that's because of her hurt from your father."

"I just don't see how she could walk out on me like that."

"Everything will be okay sweetheart."

I went upstairs to cry myself to sleep while Jayden and his mother talked downstairs, I don't know what caused my mother to act that way. I just let the sleep take over me.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Jayden

I woke Nia up to get ready for tonight. I told her to say in but she insisted she wanted to come. I know her mom was on her mind but she acted like everything was fine. I handed her the bullet proof vest and we both were strapped.

"Nia I don't want you out here but you so stubborn you insist to come. Stay withe at all times and if anything let me get shot so you don't get hurt! Understand?"

"I understand, let's hurry up and get to the trap house to meet up with everybody."

We drove to the trap house and everybody was there and dressed in all black. Once everybody had on a bullet proof vest and were strapped we drove to Terrence's stash house at the abandoned warehouse downtown.

It took us about 20 minutes and once we got there we took out the two guards with shots to the heads. We all split into groups and took different ways upstairs. Once up stairs we started blasting everybody in sight. A couple of our members had minor injuries but we had made sure all they team was dead. We walked up another set of stairs and men started shooting, we ducked and started shooting back and once all of them were down we walked down the hall into the dark room. I hit the light and Terrence held up his gun, Nia stepped in front of me and shot him causing him to drop. A man came out and he had a chain that said TEZ around his neck. I went to shoot him but he called out to Nia. She looked and said, "Dad?"

Dad? What the fuck? Tez is her dad? I can't believe this.

"Nia, you just shot your brother!" Tez said.