Chapter Nineteen

Nia

For the past couple of weeks Tiffany was really trying to bond with me but I couldn't trust that. She had sent letters, clothes for the baby, and she even invited me to her birthday party at club genesis but I declined. I couldn't be pregnant and walking through nobodies club. I hated to see women do that, once you start showing you need to be having girls night at the house. It seemed like my mom was coming here everyday to drop off something Tiffany had left for me.

I walked down stairs and Jayden was playing the P3. I couldn't even complain because he hasn't been on the game in a while. The baby shower was in two weeks and I still had things to get done. I grabbed my purse and phone and kissed Jayden good bye.

"Where you going?"

"I have things I need to get from the store for the baby shower."

"Okay, big man gonna follow behind you. Just in case."

"Okay baby."

I kissed him good bye and got in the black benz that big man drove. I didn't feel like driving anyway so this was perfect. My phone started ringing and to my surprise it was an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"I guess out if sight out of mind, huh?"

"Who is this?"

"Ashanti hoe! Where you been!?"

"Omg Ashanti I miss you so much! I have so much to tell you."

"Well you just ditched your best friend, you mom told me you were pregnant. Congrats!"

"Thank you! You know what, I'm going shopping for some things for my baby shower. Wanna join?"

"Sure let me get dress."

"I'm on my way, you still dressing to find a cutie."

We both laughed and to my surprise she said, "No I found a cutie girl!"

"Who?"

"Chris."

"Jayden's Chris?"

"Yeah girl, now we can double date!"

"Omg I'm happy for y'all. I see you girl. But get ready and ima be there in 20 mins."

"Alright bye girl."

I couldn't believe Chris and Ashanti. They always acted like they didn't like each other but everyone knew they wanted each other. I know I did Ashanti wrong, we were best friends and I kinda left her hanging getting caught up with this drama but now we were back together and I was happy.

I pulled up to Ashanti's house and Chris was leaving out. She got in the car and had on her kool-aid smile.

"Girl, I know you just better had showered after getting some."

"Shut up, I'm clean!"

We both laughed and I caught her up everything and she told me about her and Chris moving in together. We arrived at the mall and I went into polo, the children's place, baby gap, and Tommy Hilfiger. I had to make sure my baby was dolled up.

After shopping we went to get some center pieces and picked up some things for the baby shower games. We went to get lunch and I need her advice. I told her about the whole Tiffany situation and she was quiet for a while.

"Nia maybe she really does want to be your sister, you are her only family."

"I don't know, I can't risk anything happening to me or Jayden, and especially the baby."

"Start off small invite her to the baby shower."

"No she gotta house."

"Nia just think about it. It'll be family and friends and they'll be strapped so she can't do alotta harm."

"You right I guess. I'll think about and talk to Jayden."

"Alright girl."

We both went home and I decided to talk to Jayden about the whole idea of Tiffany coming to the baby shower. Maybe it wouldn't be bad.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Tiffany

I had tried everything and Nia still wouldn't give in, guess she was smart after all. I decided to just lay low and send gifts once in a while and maybe she would see I was just tryna be a sister.

William was out of town so I decided to go see another client of mine Amir. He had just came back to town and he had money so you know I had to put him on the team. We met had this five star hotel and I went to room 502. I knock on the door and he opens it with nothing but his boxers. Perfect. He gets the picture I just want my money.