Chapter TwentySeven

Tiffany

It had been a month since Nia had her children and it was the perfect time to take them. They wouldn't be too small for anybody to suspect something and if someone asked I was babysitting for my sister. I walked out of the bathroom and down to the kitchen where Amir was. He had told me to move out of my apartment and stay here with him.

"Morning Sweetheart."

"Morning what are you cooking?"

"Something special for my number one girl."

"Aww you are too cute."

"Tiffany I love you."

I froze up for a second. Did he really just say that? In all my years no man has ever told me that except my dad but with my dad it was his excuse for the sexual abuse I dealt with daily. I mean cared about Amir so much and I was really starting to grow feelings for him. The sex was amazing and he catered to me like no other man did.

"Tif? Did you hear me, I said I love you." He grabbed me close and looked in my eyes, I leaned in and kissed him. I pulled away and this feeling took over me.

"I love you too Amir, I really do."

"Tell you what take my card and get something nice for tonight."

"Tonight?"

"Yes I'm planning a romantic dinner for us."

"Really?"

"Yes. Now eat this and go get ready."

We sat at the table and ate all the delicious breakfast my man cooked. It was weird claiming a man as mine but it felt damn good! I hopped in the shower and let the hot water hit my skin. I can't believe I was with a man now not just blowing his mind for some cash. I finished washing my myself and went to get dress. I decided some true religion jeans and a fitted white t shirt would work. I grabbed the keys to Amir's 2013 chevy Camaro, gave him a kiss and walked out the door. It felt so damn good to be in my shoes right now.

I decided to hit up Aventura mall in Miami and then stop by Pembroke Lakes mall. I plugged my phone up to the radio and listened to Some Type Of Way by Rich Homie Quan because I was definitely making Amir feel some type of way if you know what I'm saying. My phone started ringing and it was William, lord help me. I turned down the music debating if I should answer.

"Hello?

"Meet me somewhere."

"Nigga please. No thank you, I have a man."

"Listen we both know the hoe you are so just come give me what I want for five hundred."

"You must be deaf I'm done with you."

"We ain't finished til I say we are Tiffany!"

I hung up the phone and he called back I ignored it and turned the music back up and continued to the mall. I pulled up about 30 minutes later and I applied some mac lip gloss and walked into Victoria secret first to grab something sexy for after dinner. I had shopped until I couldn't anymore and decided to head to the food court. I grabbed a pretzel and then walked back to the parking lot.

"Tiffany? Girl is that you?"

"Omg! Kalea? How have you been I haven't seen you since sophomore year when you got pregnant."

"Oh yeah. Dj is about to be three in a couple of months."

"That's so nice, I'm glad you're doing great."

"I see you doing well too."

"Yes, I wish I wasn't in a rush so we could talk more but I have to get ready for tonight."

"I know how you feel so I won't keep you. Take care and keep in touch."

"I will, take care."

I walked away and thought to myself why people always caught up with an old friend and told them would meet up some time or keep in touch knowing damn well that wasn't happening. I put all the bags in the trunk and closed it. I felt somebody push up against me and grab my waist.

"We not done until I say so." A familiar voice said.

"William are you fucking crazy?"

"No now walk over to my car so we can get this over with."

I pushed him and continued walking to the driver's side of the car when he grabbed my arm.

"Get off of me."

"Be a good girl and come to daddy."

In that moment I turned into that scared little girl that always ran from her perfect father. Memories filled my head and in that moment William reminded me of my dead father.

"Stop leave me alone."

"Listen Tiffany I will rape your scrawny ass if I have to now come on."

"Leave me alone please I don't wanna call the police."

"Call them and when they come I will tell them you are a prostitute and you'll be in a cell next to mine."

"Leave me the hell alone!"

I snatched my arm from him and opened the car door but he smacked the hell out of me. He pulled me to his car and snatched my jeans off. I felt like a hopeless child. He got on top of me and began kissing on my neck as silent tears fell from my eyes. In that moment I thought about Amir and I couldn't let another man touch me. I held tight to the keys and when I had a chance I would run, no more allowing a man to take advantage of me. He started to kiss me lower and I kneed him making him grab his jaw, then I kicked him in his manhood and ran. I was running like my life depended on it.

I ran into someone and their arms wrapped around mine. I began punching and screaming no.

"Tiffany! Tiffany!"

"Amir baby."

"Whats wrong why are you crying?"

I was about to reply but my hair was yanked back.

"Like I said earlier we not finished til I say so."

The next thing I know Amir grabbed William and beat his ass. Blood was pouring from William and Amir would not stop. He became somebody else like someone took over his territory. He stopped grabbed me and put in the car.

"Tiffany go home, I'll be there soon baby."

He shut the door and I looked confused.

"Go now Tiffany!"

I started the car and drove off. I got home and went to take a shower. I stood there for about 15 minutes until I felt hands hug me. I instantly felt safe again.

"I love you Amir."

"I love you too."

"I was so scared and he tried to rape me but I got away I couldn't let another man touch me and-"

"Tiffany I know, I seen."

"How?"

"You didn't answer your cell so I got worried and tracked the car. I parked and heard you screaming so I got out and ran towards you. I love you Tiffany."

"I love you too and baby did you kill him?"

"Just know he wont be messing with you anymore."

His lips touched mine and right then and there I knew this was love.