Chapter #15

=Princeton P.O.V=

Ray and I took our orders and within 20 minutes, it came out hot and fresh.

'Mmm, these pancakes are delicious!'

But I couldn't help but think as we ate. There's this question that's been on my mind for awhile now. I can't leave it alone, I have to know the answer. But I doubt that it's there. I doubt he really wants this. I still have to ask. Before I could say anything, I guess he caught me staring into space.

"You alright?" he asked with a weird look on his face. I came back to reality, "Oh uh what-Yeah! yeah I'm fine." I continued to pick at scrambled eggs and sigh. He never took his eyes off me, he continued to eat but stared at me.

"Prince, what's wrong?" he finally asked, putting his fork down. I shrugged, "Nothing. It's nothing.." I'm such a liar.

"Nah, stop lyin'.." I told you..

"Now, c'mon tell me what's up." I put my fork down and looked at him, biting my lip nervously. I shook my head, "I don't know it's just..." my eyes adverted downward. I can't look at him in the eye...I just can't..it makes me melt too much.

"Just what..?" I'm afraid to ask him this because if it's not what I want to hear...I'll be heart broken. But it's now or never. Hopefully, he'll be honest with me...

I take a deep breath, "Do you really want to be with me?" I looked up. He got quiet for some reason. He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. He looks off onto the side as if he's thinking. I crossed my arms, I'm getting impatient.

It's a simple question and it's taking him five years to answer me. It must be a 'No' then...

"Jacob...this is all very new to me..you are my best friend. You 'out of the blue' confessed that you love me-" I cut him off.

"Cuz I do, I really do love you Ray. You're my world.." I nodded.

He continued; nodding, "Yeah I know...I love you too It's j-just that...-" he shook his head, making me feel a bit nervous and hurt. "-I don't know if I'm ready.." he sighed.

I sat there and thought about that. 'I don't know if I'm ready..' For some reason, that response was unacceptable. 'Not ready'? The f**k you mean, you 'not ready' ? That answer made me feel like an idiot...of course he doesn't want this..he just felt sorry for me..

I inhaled then exhaled, glaring at him "Well if you're not ready...what the hell are we doing, dipshit?" I scolded. His eyes got a little bit wider when I called him out his name. I went on, "Answer me. What are we doing? Why are we here, huh? Why are you wasting my time?" the more I talked, the more upset I got inside.

He just sighs, like it's nothing and looks down, "I'm not wasting your time Jacob.." he spoke softly. That made me even more irritated. He IS wasting my damn time. "Yes, yes you are." I raised my voice a bit higher than his.

He looks me in my eyes, "Prince listen-"

"No. If you're not ready then why are you leading me on?" I paused. He was about to respond but I quickly cut that short.

"I care a lot about you Ray Ray and the more you reject me...-" I stopped to breath, "-I-I can't let you go no matter how hard I try, I'm sorry.." shaking my head, I looked down at my hands and twiddled my thumbs.

He then spoke sternly, "No I am not rejecting you. I-" I'm sorry, but he's starting to piss me off. I'm getting more upset now than I should be. "Yes you are!" I said through clenched teeth. "Jacob, calm down, please?" he asserted.

"No! I need you to make up you're mind! I love you!" I shouted. Some people stopped there little conversations and made their attention to ours. I didn't care though, I kept my eyes on Ray. But apparently he noticed the looks we got and attempted to calm me down. Key word: ATTEMPTED.

"Shh! Prince let me talk please!" he pleaded, whispering. I had enough of his words and got up from the table. Making sure to knock over the chair. "Wait, Prince wait!" he called after me but I ignored him.

Earlier, Ray gave me the keys to the car, so I angrily unlocked the doors and got in the drivers seat. I sat there with my hands on the steering wheel, breathing a bit heavy. Then a tear fell from my right eye next thing you know, I was bawling in my hands.

~*~

...It took about five minutes for me to calm down and for Ray to come outside. Once he saw me, he got a disappointed look on his face. I didn't look at him, I couldn't look at him. I felt ashamed. I felt embarrassed.

He calmly walked towards the car and knocked on my side of the window. I glanced at him with red/puffy eyes and he mouthed, "Open the door." I hesitated but then unlocked the doors. He got in the passenger's side and slammed the door, making me jump. I think he's mad.

I wasn't watching but from the corner of my eye, I knew he was staring at me. I just kept staring at my hands on the wheel. "Prince.." he called my name, but again I ignored him. "Princeton, look at me" he demanded. I closed my eyes and breathed out.

He smacked his lips, and sighed. From the corner of my eye, he shook his head grinning a bit. "That was quite a scene you just made. Getting loud with me and shit" I scoffed. He chuckled, "You're quite the diva..."

I scrunched up my face, trying not to smile. No, I can't give in. I turned my head and tried not to grin or smile but I couldn't help it. I then felt a soft yet hard hand on mine. I looked at it and Ray was holding my hand. He used his thumb to rub the back of it. It felt warm and pleasant.

I finally looked up at him, he raised his eyebrows. "I'm sorry" he whispered. Sending a chill down my spine. I couldn't take the pain anymore and looked into his eyes. My heart rate picked up speed.

My lip quivered and I felt as though I gave up, "No..I'm sorry" I whimpered. "I don't know what's wrong with me.." I shook my head. He grabbed my chin and lifted it up.

"You're in love.." we looked into each other's eyes and smiled. I, of course smiled and blushed. "I'm not here to waste your precious time. I don't wanna lead you on. I know, understand, and appreciate that you love me, okay?" he squeezed my hand then continued, "I don't wanna play with your heart"

"Then why are we here?"

"Because...because I really want this to work" he sighed sympathetically.

"Wait, what?"

"I want be with you. This is just new to me..."

My once blank stare turned into a loving smile, "Just please...take your time with me." I nodded slowly. "Thank you" he pulled me into a warm hug. I held on tight, I didn't want to let go. He ran his hand through my hair, tugging on it a bit. Which in result made me shiver.

I pulled away from him slowly, looking at his lips, "You don't know what you do to me.." I whisper. He blushed. Oh my god, I made him blush!!

"You're amazing Ray. I'm so lucky to have you.."

"I'm lucky to have you" he grinned, "You wanna go? I already paid, we could leave."

I put my forehead on his, "Yeah, can we go to my place?"

"Whatever you want" he smiled.

"Okay.." I returned the smile

_________________________________________________________________________________

Ooohhh, it's.about. to go. DOWN in Prince's house. It might get a little rated R up in this piece but, that's okay. Keep a look out for the next chapter...

Vote, comment, and follow :)  

~A.K.W.