Chapter #36

+Ray Ray P.O.V+

              *Later on that night*

You know when you got your earphones plugged in and the world around you suddenly becomes nonexistent?

Nothing matters. Everything that happens is just in the heat of the moment and we have to accept that.

It was nothing. Accept it was nothing. It meant nothing. I fell in love with someone else. Someone who I never knew would be my everything. Someone as the same sex as me.

I don't want her. I have him.

Bet this whole time she's been planning on doing this and I was so blinded by the kind and friendliness of it all, I was to stupid to notice...

Flashback. . .two hours ago. . .

"I had a good time with you, Ray. Like how we used to be, ya' know?" she noted.

I exhaled, breathing in the cool air, "Yeah. I miss hanging out with you. You my nigga, forreal."

Zonnique blushed, strangely stepping forward some, "And you my nigga too." she bit her lip sheepishly.  "You know I never forgot about you in Atlanta. You always stayed on my mind."

I leaned back on the front patio door, "Shit. I didn't forget about you either," I lightly chortled.

"We were going strong for two years, of course I was gone miss you.."

"I was gone miss you too. You didn't think I was upset like you?"

I smirked, "Well no, I knew you was gone miss ya' man I mean--" I smugly ran my hand down my face. Causing Nique to giggle.

"Still the same charmer." she shook head.

"Mhmm" I nodded. I noticed the moonlight was shining its brightest tonight. The air was cool and I felt myself get a little drowsy. Zonnique stepped closer, eventually closing the small space between us. Furrowing my eyebrows, I peered down at her. What is she doing?

"You still cute too. Finer than before might I add." she breathed. Her breath smelled of grapes mixed with minty gum. Her brown eyes gazed deep into mine. I quickly got an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

"Nique?" I whispered.

"What?"

I didn't know what to say to her to tell her to stop, I mean how am I supposed to say it? "Sorry I have a boyfriend that I really care about and I would never hurt him." ?

She slowly started to lean in, while closing her eyes. My mind told me to let it happen. You haven't tasted those lips in a long time. Let it be.

But...

But my heart told me otherwise...

I awkwardly backed up from her as I put my hand on her shoulder to stop her. She stopped and opened her eyes, confused.

"I-I'm sorry, Zo. But I can't kiss you." I said in a serious tone.

"What? Why not?"

I sighed. Wanting to tell her the truth will hurt me in so many ways. "I just can't, baby girl. I hope you understand..."

She exhaled disappointingly, "W-Well was it me? Is it my breath?" she anxiously questioned. "Is there something in my teeth, what?"

Oh god, that's the last thing I wanted her to do. Blame herself.