Chapter #38

+Ray Ray P.O.V+

             *Two Months Later*

There was a knock at the door.

"Ray?...It's me, baby."

I sighed out an exhausted breath and laid still on my bed. When I said I didn't wanna be bothered, I meant it.

"Go away." I groaned.

"You can't wallow in your sadness forever, son." I heard Pops voice on the other side of the door. It made me raise an eyebrow. Now he wants to talk to me?

It's been nothing but silence for a whole two months. I'm surprised he didn't go mute. But I don't blame him though. I would be upset too if I found out my son was a faggot while he was arguing with his boyfriend in the middle of the fucking night.

"If you don't open this door, we're coming in by force." my mother warned.

I scoffed, "Good luck tryin' cause it's locked." I thought to myself as a smirk was placed on my face but it quickly went away when the doorknob roughly wiggled.

"Boy if you don't open this damn door and quit playin'..."

I smacked my lips; rising out of bed to unlock the door. When I opened it, I didn't bother to look at my parents. They're probably in here to console me or scold me for having a boyfriend and not telling them about it. All this time we have not spoke about that night Jacob left, and it's incredibly painful.

The tension around the house was crucial especially around my father. I mean I would catch him staring at me at times with the most disgusted look. I was already vulnerable and depressed, he just made it slightly worse. But they choose now to talk to me...

I laid back on my bed, facing the ceiling with my hands behind my head. From the corner of my eye, I saw mama sit herself in my beanbag chair and pops sat on the floor next to her.

At first they didn't say anything, they only stared awkwardly at me. Come on, I'm your son not a fucking statue at a museum.

"Have you talked to Jacob?" mama finally spoke.

"No." I mumbled.

"You haven't seen him around or..."

I sighed, "Nope. Not at all."

It still hurts to think about him. You know I spent the first three days after that night, sitting in my own misery. Looking at old pictures of us, listening and crying to sad music. And just basically staring at the wall. He fucked me up bad, man.

"Look Rayan, " she began "We just wanted to apologize for how we've acted towards you these past couple of months."

I sat up and leaned my back against the wall, giving them my attention. Mama continued.

"We were confused and...and upset. Thats all, baby."

"When you say we, you mean the both of you right?" I asked, gesturing to Pops, while he stared at the floor, quiet as ever.

She glanced at him and hesitantly nodded, "Yes."

I crossed my arms, "He can't speak for himself?" That comment made him look up at me.

"Now Rayan--"

"Nah mama, let him speak. I mean he is my loving, supportive father--" I looked at him, "--aren't you?"

He pursed his lips and his eyes met the floor again. Hmph...and to think he loved me...

I scoffed and got out of bed, "Whatever."