Chapter #40

__Mickey P.O.V__

"Gay?!" she exclaimed with a stunned look of disbelief.

"Yes Nique...gay." I sighed.

She shook her head a few times as she blew out a disappointed breath. She was completely dumbfounded, she stuttered some before asking, "Are you sure? Like are you positive? Like," she swallowed, "W-We talking "Dick in the booty ass" Gay or the "Happy, happy, joy, joy! " Gay?"

I slumped my shoulders, "Dick in the booty ass Gay, Zonnique. Look I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. "

She smacked her lips at me while putting her hands on her hips, "Yeah right, didn't mean for this to happen?" she began to tear up, "You got me thinkin' I had a second chance. Gettin' my hopes up for nothing, Mick!"

"Girl, how the hell was I suppose to he was gay? It's not like the shit is written on top of his forehead. "

"Um I don't know, how 'bout you uh, ASK?" she said, sarcasm dripping from her tone.

I pursued my lips, "Zonnique you just don't go around asking people if they're gay, thats rude."

Nique sighed, ran her hand down her face and glared at me. Ohh, If looks could kill. I gave her a nervous smile.

"How do you know?"

I widen my eyes some, "Excuse me?"

She crossed her arms, "How do you know? How do you know for sure that he's gay? Huh? Cause like you said, it's not plastered on his forehead..."

I looked off to the side. I can't tell her it was Prince who told me because then she'll be more upse--OH MY GOD, THAT'S WHAT I FORGOT!

I was too busy trying tell Nique when I promised him, I wouldn't tell anyone...damn it.

"Mickey!"

I came back to reality after cursing myself out, how can I be so stupid?

"What?"

"How the hell do you know? Did he tell you?"

Boy, curiosity is her middle name right now, damn. Okay Michelle, think! Think! Who told me? Think!

Um, uhh, "H-His mom? Yeah..yeah his mom! Mama Keisha told me!"

She squinted her eyes at me, "Mama Keisha?"

"Yeah! I was over his house with uh, Prince and uh we were talkin' and she kinda just blabbed it out. Heh." I said quickly. Hopefully she'll fall for that excuse cause that's all I can come up with for right now.

She looked me up and down before sighing and sitting back in her spot on the bed like she was before, "Man...why does this always happen to me?"

"You found out your other niggas were gay too?"

She shook her head, "No, in general like, I meet a nice guy. He's cute and funny, my Pops likes him. And then I get turned down or disappointed. It's like I never win." she groaned.

Great, now I feel ten times worse.

"You mean, you never found a nice guy in Atlanta? At all?"

She looked up at me and sort of shrugged, "Well I did meet this one guy, his name's Zoey. He was different and I liked that. But I don't know."

I had a seat next to her, "Well why don't you hit him up? Did he seem interested in you?"

"Yeah, we hung out a few times and he said I was real cool. Zoey is one of those 'old fashioned' type of guys." I noticed she was blushing some.