Chapter #18

*THREE MONTHS LATER*

=Princeton P.O.V=

Ray's family decided to throw a party tonight, so to keep us occupied, they sent us grocery shopping. They gave us a full list on items they wanted us to get. And might I add that this list practically touches the damn floor. I mean really, what the hell kinda guest they havin' over that requires us to go get freakin' sardines and other raw fish?

Seriously, I have no idea but who cares...

Ray and I turned the cart around into the cracker aisle. On the list, they want us to get these fancy off brand Ritz crackers. Emphasis on the word: 'fancy'. "Okay, it says we have to get two boxes.." I said reading off of the list.

"Ew. These look just like the regular Ritz crackers...I hate Ritz crackers." he grimaced.

"Well sir, it's not for us...it's for them. So gone make yourself useful and put the crackers in the cart.." I looked down the aisle and also down at the list. To make sure if we needed to get anything else from the aisle. I heard Ray groan in distaste, "But the Ritz make me gassy.." he said, rubbing his tummy.

I scrunched up my face, "Okay ew. Didn't need to know that.." I put my hand up to him. He gently took it, "But babe if you're gonna be with me, you gotta know this stuff.." he smiled. "Um no! You can keep that shit to yourself" I scolded.

He laughed while looking at the shelf full of items, "Why get two? The big box is cheaper." I shrugged, "Alright, put it in the cart.."

We continued searching for item after item until I looked down the aisle and saw someone. Someone oddly familiar. It was a tall, lean man. With dirty blonde hair and a tattoo on his neck. I have a weird feeling that I've met him before. As we passed him, I kept my gaze down, so it didn't look like I was staring; which I most certainly was.

But being the clumsy fool I am, I tried to turn my cart away from his and ended up knocking into it. The man looked up and cracked a smile, "Oh I'm sorry. Lemme mov-" he paused his sentence when his eyes met mine.

Those piercing blue/green eyes, that southern sweet accent, that eyebrow piercing, lip and nose...I felt my heart freeze. "Prince? Is that you?" he gasped. I grinned awkwardly, "Guilty." He smiled some more, showing all his white, straight teeth.

Goodness...

He has that kinda smile that just makes you melt. The kind of smile that makes you blush like fool. "It's me, Travis! Y'Know from Marcus's party..?" Ohh, I love his accent..

I tried to pretend I didn't recognize him for a moment. I stared into his eyes, "Um..OH YEAH! Hey Travie!" I chuckled. He walked around his cart and suddenly wrapped his arms around me. Swallowing my small frame in his embrace. He was way taller than me, taller than Ray even. I lovingly linked my arms around his waist.

Once I did that, his reaction was squeezing me, "It's been so long since we last spoke" he whispered. God, he smells good...and he's so muscular. "Yeah..so long.." I enjoyed being in his arms. The hug made me feel safe and secure. I sighed happily in his chest until I heard someone clear their throat in the background.

I shot open my eyes and turned to the noise. There stood Ray, with a very mean look on his face. He had crossed his arms, tapping his left foot, "Oh! Um h-hey ba- I mean Ray" he raised his eyebrow and clenched his jaw. I noticed I was still hugging Travis. I quickly let go.

"Um.." I scratched my head, "Ray, this is Travie. Travie, this is Ray" I introduced the two.

"Hi nice to meet ya'!" Travis held out his hand for Ray to shake. Ray looked him up and down then scoffed, "Wassup." he said in a flat deep voice. I frowned, "Uh R-Ray this is the dude I was talking to at Marcus's party. Remember?"

He looked Travie over again then said, "Yeah I remember.."  Travie put his hand in his back pocket awkwardly. "Well um it's been a hoot and a half meetin' you Ray!-" he then turned to me, "-And it was nice seeing you again, Jacob.." I quickly turned towards him, "Yes, it was nice seeing you too" I grinned.

" But I think I'll be hittin' the ole dusty trail right 'bout now. Good-bye Jacob."

"Bye Travis.." I whispered. My mind was telling him to go but, my heart was telling him to stay. I really didn't want to watch him go for some reason. He gave Ray a nod, "See ya.."

"Mhmm" Ray responded. He's being very rude, mean mugging him like that. And with that Travie left the aisle and went on to the next. I sighed watching him walk away from me. Then I slowly brought my attention towards Ray.

"Heyy babe..?" I say nervously.

"Oh so now I'm your babe? A minute ago, I was just 'Ray' " he scolded walking away with the cart. "Baby I'm sorry-"

"Don't talk to me right now. I'm not tryin' to hear your voice at the moment." he said glancing at me then looking away. Feeling hurt, I shut my mouth and kept my head down...

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey  guys! Sorry I haven't been updating in a while but I'm back! Hope you enjoyed! Y'all remember Travis? Well keep him in mind, please and thank you!

Vote, comment, follow :)

~ A.K.W