Chapter //O N E//

"Hey weakling! Get your fat ass over here!" Nancy shouted at me, wiggling her eyebrows nastily and giving me a scathing glare.

I cowered involuntarily and kept my head down, trotting over to her and her friends.

She yanked my head back roughly by my hair and kneed me in my stomach, causing me to yelp and drop to the floor. Well, I'm weaker than most of them wolves here, so what do you expect?

"Listen loser, my Xavier is going to come visit our pack tomorrow morning at 9. Make sure you get your ass over to the border line to welcome him," she spat at me, using her left boot-clad foot to step on my right hand, of course not without making sure she squeezed my hand till it turned bluish.

I gasped in pain and struggled to get away from her but her friends held me in place.

Nancy and her friends snickered at my patheticness and turned to leave, but then she turned around and gave me a demeaning glare, causing me to cower back in fear.

"And do not stand at the front of the line tomorrow. Steer clear of my Xavier's way, understood?" Without waiting for my response, she strutted away along with her minions hurrying behind her.

I brushed the dirt off my jeans and stood up wobbly, trying hard to ignore the pain that ignited in my stomach and the tingling numbness in my hand.

I limped my way back to my bedroom on the 2nd level of the pack house and flopped onto my bed, opening the drawer of my bedside table. I gently caressed the brown frame, weeping quietly. If I weren't quiet, I would have to face the music.

The photograph was of my parents, Jackson and Amelia Dawson. They died when I was 10, leaving me an orphan, defenseless against the brutal world.

Before their deaths, I was already bullied by my pack members but I did not tell them about it, not wanting them to worry. After they were killed by wolf hunters, namely Mark Patterson, I was left defenseless in my own pack. Abuse was not uncommon to me. Daily occurences like today's were the norm for me and no one tried to help me. No one wanted to help me. They would just join in and bash me along with Nancy.

A sigh escaped my lips. Just because I was a kitty shifter, they looked down on me. Anger started to simmer in the pit of my stomach, crawling its way up my throat. But it was soon crushed by self loathing.

It was my fault that they died anyway. They were trying to protect me. I was always a burden in the pack because of my smaller size and so called "defenseless against werewolves" as quoted by Nancy.

I wiped my cheeks roughly while putting the old frame back into its place in the corner of my drawer.

Changing out of my clothes, I scrambled under the duvets and waited for sleep to come.

°°°°°°°°°°

"No! You can't do this! No, mommy! Don't hurt her! Mommy don't leave me, please! Please!" I tried reaching out for her but I couldn't because my sister was holding on to me.

"Be a good girl, Cammy! Listen to Alpha James! Mommy's going on a long holiday and I want you to be good! I'll see you soon baby." My mother whispered brokenly and turned around along with my daddy.

And walked away from me.

"No! Mommy! No-"

"Beep, beep, beep! Beep, beep, beep!"

I woke up with a start and shot up, my mouth peaked and gasping for air. I breathed out slowly and shut my alarm, running my right hand through my damp hair and sweaty forehead.