Chapter //TWENTY NINE//

"Hey Cammy."

I turned and grinned back at Charles.

"Hey."

I continued to make my way to Xavier's office, a light tune under my breath.

"You look different."

No. No no no.

My body trembled as I turned around to face the person. My palms started to turn clammy and I felt nauseously light-headed.

"Why do you look so unhappy to see me?" she asked. I swallowed hard as I faced her completely, trying not to grimace at her presence.

"Nancy," Her name was just a whisper. A whisper that was so loud. I rubbed hardly at the goosebumps that had risen along my arms, not wanting to let her see me being weak all over again. Just like old times.

She raised an eyebrow, her face seemingly relaxed and composed, but her eyes, god, they were filled with malice and disgust. I felt myself grow that much smaller, shrinking into the 'nobody' that I once was.

I took a step back as she took one forward. Her smirk grew wider as my fear was evident. My fear was like a trophy to her. She thrived on it.

"Scared?" Nancy blew out a breath slowly and inhaled deeply. Her eyes shot to me. "Been with Xavier, darling?" Something close to murderous flashed in her eyes.

I gulped and took several steps back, heading away from the direction I was supposed to go. Xavier, help me.

I couldn't help the tremble of my lips, nor the paleness of my cheeks as she hunted me like a predator would a prey. I felt exactly like a helpless, frightened rabbit that the venomous cobra was about to devour. My hands shook as I registered where we were. Our bedroom.

Lifting up her nose into the air, Nancy inhaled again and immediately threw a glare my way. Her long, bony index finger pointed at my face.

"You sleep with him in the same room?!" She bellowed as I watched her face turn red with rage, her claws extending from her nails. I whimpered softly and tried to find a way out. To get away from her.

Xavier, help. I pleaded desperately in my head.

"I'm going to make you pay for even laying your filthy eyes on my Xavier!" she cried out in anger and raised a hand into the air. And then the hand was racing through the air and coming towards my face, meeting my left cheek with a loud slap that echoed around me. I couldn't hear clearly for a moment, and then the ringing in my ears started. Just like old times.

Xavier, where are you?

I cupped my cheek tenderly with one hand, my eyes watery and face deathly pale. When I looked at Nancy, I barely held back the gasp of horror. Her eyes told me she wasn't done with me. Not yet, not by a long way.

She threw her head back and laughed, her curls bouncing as she did so. She raked a hand carelessly through her hair, her eyes crinkled in laughter and happiness. She could have passed off as a cheerful girl having a good time with her bestie, but I knew better. Her laughter and happiness was like poison. You will never be able to see it coming until you have been hit.

"Sleeping with Xavier? Who do you think you are?" she shouted at me, her eyes flashing black. "You think he likes you back?" she asked, clearly expecting an answer. I nodded my head hesitantly.

I couldn't see it coming. Couldn't, wouldn't. My mouth opened in a silent scream as my stomach burned with a vengeance. I was forced to kneel on one knee as my shin was kicked so hard, I was sure my bones were fractured. Silent tears made their way down my cheeks, my face flushed and head giddy.

"What an idiot!" Nancy shouted and kicked my stomach with her heels, the sharp tip bringing me into an endless universe filled with pain. Pain, pain and more pain.

Xavier... help me...

I watched with baited breath as Nancy snatched a pen knife out of her clutch and looked at me with hatred. My whole body was sagged against the wall behind me, my limbs laying loosely by my side. The next thing I knew, the knife was lodged in my stomach, my guts twisting sickeningly as she plunged it even deeper inside me. My eyes widened in terror as my hands flailed wildly, trying to stop the pain. Trying to stop her.

I fell to the floor, right outside our bedroom, the front of my white dress stained red as I sent another silent prayer.

Xavier, help me.

••••••••••
A/N:

omg sorry for the hiatus!!! sooooo sorry! i'm just super busy with promos coming up in september. i'm taking project work h1 in october gahhhh!!! it's in the A'levels syllabus and i hate it! oral presentation shit my life i hate it. but oh well, gotta get an A. :D

anyway tell me what you think about this chapter! it's shorter than usual, but i think it's full of emotions. oh, poor cammy... nancy the bitch is back. literally THE bitch. get it??? HAHAHAA

remember to toss me a vote, comment and follow! btw we already hit 6k votes!!! 7k on the way haha let's do it!

-manda😇