Chapter //THIRTY//

Narrator

Unaware that his mate was bleeding profusely on the cold marble floor in his mansion, Alpha Xavier walked to his the front door to receive Alpha James of the Black Woods Pack, which had been Lia's pack a few months ago. Staring at the shorter and older man before him, Xavier's hand itched to punch him and rip his head off. His fucking daughtet had hurt his mate, god dammit!

Clenching his fists, Xavier gritted his teeth and shook the older man's hand firmly, adding a little more pressure just so he knew who was in charge.

"Alpha Xavier," the older man greeted warmly with a tight smile. Xavier did the same and led the way to his office. He hadn't informed Lia of Alpha James' arrival as he didn't think she would be happy to hear it. He really didn't want to spoil her cheerful mood that she had been having for the past few days. Thinking of her soft smiles and warm laughter, Xavier had to bite his lip to hold back a grin.

"Take a seat." Xavier looked up to see Alpha James already seated on his chair while gesturing for the younger and stronger Alpha to seat in his very own home. How dare he! Xavier's wolf clawed to the surface and growled to be let out and rip the older man to shreds.

Pinching the bridge of his nose tightly, Xavier forced a smile and sat down in his own chair across from Alpha James.

"Alpha Xavier," James started and glanced warily at the younger man, who merely raised an eyebrow in return. "I would like to negotiate a possible ally with your pack."

That took the Xavier by surprise, for he didn't expect this at all. He was, however, reluctant to agree to an ally between both packs, seeing as how the Black Woods Pack had brought bad memories for his kitten.

His kitten. Speaking of her, where was she?

All through out the meeting, he couldn't seem to shake the feeling that something was amiss. He kept on thinking and worrying about Lia, his mind not on the matter that Alpha James was so enthusiastically talking about. His Lia... what was she doing at the moment?

Unable to handle anymore of this 'ally talk', Xavier halted the other alpha mid sentence and told him to come another time and that he would consider his proposal. After another good 10 minutes, Alpha James was out of the house, leaving Xavier alone.

He quickly ran up the flight of stairs to the game room, his eyes searching frantically for any sign of his beloved kitten. His wolf started pacing in his mind and he started sweating nervously. What was happening?

Mate... His wolf whimpered before silence took over his mind.

Lifting his nose into the air, he sniffed the air for his kitten. Her sweet, tangy scent flowed into his nostrils... and something that smelled like rusted metal.

Blood.

His wolf howled in his mind and growled desperately as he raced up the remaining flight of stairs to their bedroom. The sight of his mate laying on the floor, her white dress now blood red, brought him to his knees.

Tears flowing freely down his cheeks, he crawled on his knees towards her, his limbs too weak for him to walk. The smell of blood hit him, and his eyes watered even more as he saw just how much blood she had lost.

"Lia..." he whimpered softly as he raised a hand to touch her pale, cold cheek. His kitten laid still on the floor, her eyelids closed and her heartbeat barely there.

"Kitten..." he tried again, trying hard not to choke over his own words. He had to be strong for his mate, he had to. She remained unmoving on the floor.

"Kitten! KITTEN! No no no! LIA WAKE UP!" he shouted in an attempt to try to make her open her beautiful eyes and look at him. His kitten jsut remained in the same position, her heartbeat even softer now. It was barely there. His wolf howled in desperation as he quickly mind linked the pack doctor to get here.

With a howl of despair, Xavier dropped to the ground on all fours beside his mate, her soft heartbeat his only salvation as the feral beast took over the man completely.

°°°°°°°°°°

"Alpha I need you to stay outside. You can't come in!" Joseph, the pack doctor, said apologetically to his Alpha. Or rather, what was left of the man.

The wolf growled in defiance and tried to break its way into the operating theatre where his mate was.

Several hands pulled on his fur, yanking him back with much difficulty. Charles, Nathan and 6 other men were holding their Alpha back so the operation could start instantly.

"Alpha! Stay outside! Cammy needs you to stay outside! She needs to be operated on immediately!" His Beta tried to convince him, but to no avail.

The stubborn wolf barged its way into the operating theatre, plopping down beside the door. It whimpered as his mate's heartbeat slowed to 80, and then to 70.

"Get the AED! Move!" Joseph went into doctor mode as the Luna's heart rate dropped dangerously low to 40. Her heart rate continued to plummet to 30 as he ripped open her dress with one hand and pasted the defibrillation pads on her chest, switching on the machine simultaneously.

The wolf stood up and started to growl menacingly as the doctor ripped open his mate's dress, exposing her to all eyes. He growled at all the other men in the room and they obeyed, leaving the room quickly with their heads down.

"Stay clear!" John shouted and pressed a button on the machine, trying desperately to save his Luna.

Her heart rate continued to drop to 20, and then 10. And then it stopped.

A howl of loss punctured the air as the wolf threw its head back, its eyes sad and forlorn.

And then it broke out of the door, breaking it in the process, and raced off into the dark yet welcoming forest.

Away from his pack.

Away from his kitten.

••••••••••
A/N:

Double update in a day woohoo!!!! Well this chapter is so depressing ugh i cant. *Takes my 7th box of tissue*

Please vote, comment and follow!!! Love you all

-Manda