Chapter //N I N E//

Pound, pound, pound, flutter...

That was exactly how my heart sounded in black and white. I'd missed this part of life, this part of me where I could laugh and smile as much as I wanted just because... Just because I felt happy.

Happy.

Happiness.

I was reintroduced to it for the first time today in years. Today made me learn that happiness is precious and essential in life, and that it makes you feel all high and dizzy from all that hype rushing through your veins. Happiness was something I lacked in my life. Something I'd always craved and wanted to feel.

But being happy—having the freedom to laugh out loud—was foreign to me, it felt so wrong yet so right.

A drug, I decided. Happiness was an everlasting drug that I wanted to possess forever.

The sound of water splashing and shouts reminded me of my current surroundings and their presence. I was swiftly pulled out of my reverie and was met with a grip on wrists. Both hands were pulled behind my back and I was panting, greedily inhaling oxygen and throwing out the carbon dioxide. My cheeks were probably flushed from "running" around in the pool, but I was feeling happy.

There it was again. That word.

Charles loosened his grip and pushed his face right in front of mine, a couple inches away.

"Cam, you okay? You zoned out." His brows furrowed in concern.

I sighed dramatically and whimpered, "I... I think I'm down with a flu. I feel sick." I half closed my eyelids and pretended to be in pain.

All at once his grip was gone and I took this chance to escape. I ran in the water as quick as I could to Xavier, whose face was crumpled up in puzzlement. His eyebrows were scrunched together into a tight frown and his mouth was slightly open, like he couldn't fathom what just happened. I simply laughed and looked back only to see Charles standing at the exact same spot he was at seconds ago with an identical expression as Xavier on his face.

This just made me laugh even harder and I was beyond hysterical by the time I reached Xavier. I was clutching onto his arms for dear life and laughter was constantly bubbling out of my mouth freely.

I laughed till my jaw hurt, I laughed till my stomach ached, yet I enjoyed every goddamn second of it. It was a bliss to be able to laugh so freely. I loved it.

"Dum—" I took in a huge mouthful of air. "Dumbass!" I managed to say as I doubled over in laughter again.

Their shocked faces soon turned into mischievous ones. Charles cocked an eyebrow at Xavier and landed his gaze on me.

Oh crap. This is my cue to run.

And so I turned away from Xavier and ran all the way to the edge of the pool where the water guns were. I snatched up the largest and meanest looking one and started to aim it at both guys.

I got a perfect shot at Charles' nose, and I grinned in victory as he coughed and choked a bit with the water in his nose. He looked really funny and comical when he tried to get the water out by wriggling his nose. Somehow I found him to resemble an animal. A dog.

Seeing this, Xavier guffawed in laughter and kept teasing Charles. Well, that's the thing. I'm the one with the gun and he's there busy laughing at his friend who got "shot". Totally no sense of danger.

Therefore I was now preparing to shoot Xavier straight in his mouth.

I rested my finger on the trigger.

3...

2...

1!

The ray of water sprayed right into his open mouth and his face soon morphed into horror and disbelief. He started coughing loudly and rubbing his chest with his hand.

I chortled in laughter and dragged myself up the ladder at the edge of the pool. Placing my body on the edge of the pool carefully, I aimed my water gun at both guys, which made them both raise their hands, palms up.

They looked so pitiful... I decided to let them go this one time.

I placed the gun down beside me.

"Okay, okay! I'm not gonna shoot anymore. Don't look so scared of me! You make me feel bad about shooting yall."

Xavier frowned.

"Don't feel bad babe. It's just a game. Just a game." He looked at me sincerely. "And besides, we all had fun." He flashed me a mega watt smile.

I smiled.

We had fun.

That's right, I had fun.

I guess that was possible after all. Me having fun and being happy.

Maybe I could be happy. Maybe I could find happiness, with Xavier. I gazed at him and my mouth curled upwards into a smile as I saw him staring at me adoringly. He was a more than I could ask for.

"Hey, hey, hey!" A yell brought me out of my thoughts. Charles was making a disgusted face. "Stop it, lovebirds! You guys are grossing me out with the kissy faces!" He stuck out his tongue and glared at us.

"Kissy faces? Since when do we make kissy faces?" I asked him in amusement. I looked over at Xavier and gave him a what-the-hell look.

"There it is! The kissy face! Stop it!" Charles pointed his finger at me and whined, stomping his foot in the pool.

I laughed at his childish behaviour. What a baby. And how was that a kissy face?

I shook my head.

That was Charles for you.

°°°°°°°°°°

I jumped onto the couch and buried myself deeper into the arms of my mate and the blanket. His arms tightened around me protectively.

"Hey." He whispered.

"Hey," I replied tiredly. After a day at the pool, I got a sunburn plus a sore body. I was really tired, both mentally and physically.

Xavier rubbed my hands in his warmer ones and tugged me even closer to him. "You okay? Wanna go up and sleep?"

I hummed in agreement and felt my lids getting heavier and heavier. Soon, I dozed off into wonderland, feeling just the faintest of a kiss placed on my forehead the whisper of loving words.

"I love you."

••••••••••
A/N:

Heyyyyyyy guys! I kind of lost the feel of writing this book, so I was wondering if you guys think I should continue to write it? Or should I just delete the book? I'm like losing the touch of this book if you know what I mean...

Please comment Potato if u think I should continue writing this bk!

Please

Vote
Comment
Follow

Thanks a lot guys!!!

~Manda :)