Chapter //THIRTY FOUR//

A/N:

Another update cos i love u guys hehe

Anyway this chapter kinda sheds light on how Xavier actually was before Lia came into his life. He just hides this side of him away from her.

Read on my readers :)

••••••••••

Narrator

The end of the whip dragged carelessly along the floor, his hands tightly wounded around the handle.

Watching her scream in agony was music to his ears. As fresh, red blood poured from her wounds like a downstream river, he smirked sadistically and raised the whip high in the air. With a snarl, he brought it down towards her.

"Stop!" She screamed and thrashed against the chains holding her upright, her feet barely touching the cold ground of the dungeon. The pain was too much. "Please... S-stop." she begged and pleaded till her voice became hoarse and dry.

But never once did he stop, for he was too blinded by his rage and the near loss that he had went through for his kitten that he kept on raising and bringing the whip down on her, over and over. Her screams, whimpers, begging filled his ears, but he wasn't quite done with her. Not even remotely close.

With a furious growl, Xavier snatched up a demented looking blade sitting on the cold metal table beside him, tired of using the same old blade to toture her. Pressing a finger over the tip of the blunt blade, he admired the beauty of the object that could kill even the strongest werewolf. But not him. He only felt tingling in his finger even with 70% toxicity. He was the strongest fucking alpha in the whole fucking world. And fuck if he couldn't destroy the bitch who had nearly killed his kitten.

Snarling like the feral beast he was, he tightened his grip on the blade and walked towards the shaking, bloody figure in the dark corner.

"Look up." he demanded, standing a metre away from her.

Her head bobbed slightly, and with great effort, she lifted her bloody and dirty face up to look at him. "What." she spat out and growled with the remaining energy she had. The nerve she had to growl at him. He laughed darkly and smirked at her foolishness.

"Feel," he merely stated as he stalked closer towards her and growled in satisfaction at the stench of blood and sweat and... fear. Xavier gripped the blade tightly in his hand and placed it against her cheek.

All at once she screamed and tried to get away from it. "W-wolfbane?" she croaked as her fear peaked. He merely smirked, not bothering to grace her with his answer. What for, when she already knew it?

The cold blade pressed harder against her cheek, digging painfully into her open wound. This was definitely worse than putting salt on the wound.

She gasped and screamed again, begging to be forgiven for all the crimes she had committed against his kitten. His Lia. He was having none of it.

"Shut the fuck up." he growled lowly and applied more pressure. The tip of the blade was already halfway into her skin, the blood pouring out a scene too gory to be witnessed. Xavier felt a sense of pride as she yelled and wriggled away from the blade, which actually caused more pain and wolfbane to drip into her system. What a fool.

"Alpha, Luna is asking your whereabouts. She says she misses you." The guard bowed his head while standing outside the cell.

Xavier closed his eyes and tried to reign in his beast. His wolf was growling to kill the fucking bitch already. But the thought of his kitten missing him brought him to a complete halt. The need to kill and snarl was pushed down as he dropped the blade on the floor carelessly. With a growl, he spat, "This isn't finished." and left Nancy in the cell, blood still oozing out of her.

After bathing in the dungeon bathroom and making sure he was clean of blood and that bitch's disgusting smell, he walked up the flight of stairs to the mansion. The thought of seeing her beautiful face made his heart do a double take.

As he opened the door, a whirl of something yellow rushed towards him at full speed. He caught her with ease, his arms cocooned around her small body protectively. He automatically lowered his face into the crook of her neck, rapidly breathing in her scent and reminding himself that she was here with him and not dead.

"Lia," he breathed out huskily, pulling her closer into him. He loved to feel her body against him as closely as possible. It reminded him that they were mates, that they molded perfectly together. They were one.

"Xavier where have you been? I've missed you so much I couldn't sleep or eat properly! You were gone for 2 days oh my god I really missed you! Xavier-" He caught her lips amidst her rambling and pressed her to him, his tongue delving into her mouth as her taste filled his entire being.

Running his fingers through her soft hair, he broke away and kissed her eyelids, her cheeks, her nose and then her lips again. Her lips was the sweetest fucking drug he had ever tasted. And he never wanted to be apart from her this long ever again.

"Xavier..." she brushed a lock of his hair away from his forehead and sighed happily into his embrace. Mumbling against his shirt, she said, "I missed you."

His heart melted even further for her. A soft smile took over his face, a light entering his eyes. He touched her hair softly and confessed, "I missed you more."

She gasped in delight and looked up at him, noticing how his cheeks were slightly pink. He returned her loving stare and smiled wider. "I missed you more, kitten."

"Xavier you're so sweet," she smiled at him and hugged him tighter. "I never want to let you go."

"And I have no intention of letting you go." he declared possessively, kissing the top of her head.

Something furry touched their legs. With a squeal, Lia jumped away from him and looked down at the culprit.

Sighing, she bent down. "Dolce," she smiled as she rubbed his head lovingly. He licked her cheek enthusiastically.

"Dolce, come here."

The pup immediately looked up at the alpha and held his stare for a few seconds before lowering his head with a whine. The puppy moved out of Lia's arms and bounded towards Xavier while wagging his tail furiously.

"Good boy," Xavier patted his head and hardened his gaze once more. "Sit." The dog instantly obeyed, shocking Lia.

"Oh my god h-how d-did you-" she took in a huge breath. "Make him listen to you?"

Xavier shrugged and walked further into the mansion and started going up the stairs. Stopping on the fourth step, he turned around and looked at her.

"It takes one to know one," he smirked and continued his way up the stairs, disappearing around the corner out of sight.

Lia was left standing in the foyer, her mouth still opened slightly in shock and disbelief. She had tried to train the dog for two days goddammit! And Xavier just sauntered in and did it in a few seconds?

How the hell did he do that?!