Chapter //TWENTY SIX//

A/N:
decided to update a little something cos yall are just too cute to resist!

btw wanted to ask if u guys like some steamy actions or is it a resounding nay?????? let me know what u think abt getting down and dirty!! *wink wink* i know some of u don't like that sort of stuff... i like it tho. and i'll continue to write it... even if u hate it. SAVAGE!!! hahahahah

••••••••••

I fumbled for the house keys which was somewhere in my purse while trying to dodge Nate's jabbing fingers.

"Stop it!" I shouted at him as his finger managed to hit my ticklish spot on the sides of my waist. Argh!

Only a howl of laughter and then another jab on my other side. This was getting increasingly annoying...

I whirled around to face him. "Nathan! Stop being a child for a moment and help me find the damn keys!" I scolded him, finding the amusement in his eyes highly irritating at the moment.

Why did I even agree to hang out with him? God, why? I silently asked in my mind.

Suddenly, I heard the front door open, the back of it slamming the wall with a loud thud. And then the smell of him.

My frown changed into a smile as I turned around just in time to be engulfed into a hug. I sighed happily, any trace of annoyance leaving my body in a flash.

"Kitten, why were you so long?" Xavier whispered in my ears as he breathed in deeply in my hair, his lips touching the side of my face softly, lingeringly. "God, I missed you so much," he rasped.

I chuckled, trying to cover up my blush and digress. I pointed at Nathan - or where he was supposed to be standing. I frowned.

"Where's Nathan?" I wondered aloud, turning in Xavier's arms as he carried me into the house and then into his office, bridal style.

I felt a growl in his chest. He cleared his throat. "He went back to his room already." I opened my mouth to ask him how he knew, but decided to clamp my mouth shut. Right, werewolves have mindlink, something I didn't have.

"I bought you something." he said with a hint of a smile.

I squealed and did a happy dance while sitting on his lap, oblivious to his grimace. "Oh my god! What did you get for me?!" I couldn't contain the excitement, it was literally dripping off me in waves.

His hands came to rest on my waist, clenching and unclenching. "Lia... stop moving. You're making things hard for me babe." After he said that, I knew what he meant. I could defiantly feel the not-so-little best friend of his poking at my inner thigh. One that I'd come to know really well.

I blew out a breath and grinned sheepishly. "Sorry," I mumbled, "But seriously, what did you buy?"

He reached over his desk and took the paper bag sitting on it. He placed it in my lap. "Open it," he said, eyes trained on my face.

I touched the simple brown bag and opened the top, peeking into it. I gasped.

I ripped it open, not caring that the shreds of the paper bag were now scattered carelessly on the floor around us, and tested the object in my hands. This was so fascinating!

I gasped quietly as the thing rolled in my hands. It's all pink and had the prettiest vintage-like designs on the sides.

"What is this?" I asked him, completely bewildered. Why can it roll nonstop? I continued to stare at the object in my hands.

I felt him smirk. "Oh kitten, it's called a helmet."

"A helmet?" I gaped at him. What the hell is that?

"Yes," he grinned at me. "It's used when riding a motorbike."

"Oh..." I replied dumbly, having not seen one before in my life. Call me a dumbass, well, maybe I was one. I didn't really have a life I would have wanted back in my old pack. They always managed to keep me busy, either scrubbing bathroom floors, or preparing meals and snacks for them.

"Do you have a motorbike?" I asked.

Xavier brightened and chuckled before answering me.

"Yes, yes. And I'm taking you for a ride right now." He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of his office, heading for the front door.

°°°°°°°°°°

"Like this?"

"No!" he laughed at me and reached both hands out to adjust the helmet on my head. He turned it 180° around and buckled it under my chin firmly.

I looked at him and smiled. "Thanks," I whispered as I leaned up and kissed him on his lips. Xavier tried to deepen it but before he could, I pulled away lightning fast.

I smiled again at his growl of protest. However, he seemed to have a grin creeping onto his lips.

"Kitten, come here." he gestured to the black and fierce looking thing beside him.

I frowned but walked towards him anyway. "What's this?" I pressed a button on the black thing. I screamed as it gave a roar, one so frightening I would have peed my pants if I hadn't went to the toilet earlier on. I clutched onto Xavier's biceps for my dear life while trying to get away from it. It was difficult, considering that he was holding me in place.

"Hey, hey, kitten..." I glanced up at him, the tears were about to rush out of my eyes. His face softened. "This is what you call a motorbike. Haven't you seen one?"

I glanced at the black devil and looked at him again. I shook my head. "I have seen one before... but it hadn't looked this... huge and scary." I told him honestly. God, the motorbike in front of us was extremely scary looking, not to mention the horrendous roar it gave out just now. I shivered while I recalled the terrifying sound it had made. It looked like it could kill me easily.

I glanced uneasily at Xavier. I pointed to the motorbike. "D-Do I h-have to ride t-that thing?"

Xavier's demeanour changed and the way he glanced at me made me feel things in my belly. It made me feel... good. Loved.

"You don't have to kitten... I won't force you into anything you don't want to do-" he started.

"Okay." I cut him off abruptly, my mind made up in less than a nanosecond as I saw sadness and disappointment flickering across his features for a moment. I inhaled deeply. "I'll ride it."

His eyes twinkled in delight and he smiled at me happily. I felt my own lips turn upwards into a smile of my own, his happiness so contagious. I loved the feeling of making him happy.

Throwing one leg over the seat of the black devil, I wrapped both arms around Xav's waist tightly. I still felt nervous and uneasy about riding this thing, but I wanted to make him happy. I didn't like to disappoint him.

"Ready?" he asked, throwing me a worried glance over his shoulder.

Before he could change his mind about me riding this thing, I shouted back an "okay" over the roaring of the engine. I unconsciously tightened my hold around his waist.

"Count to 3!" he shouted back, his hands vrooming the motor to life.

"1!" I yelled. The engine purred louder, the noise surrounding us in an invisible bubble.

"2!"

And then the wind was whipping my hair against my cheeks, the hot air slapping against us as we rode off into the night. What happened to 3, that I didn't know, but all I cared about at the moment was Xavier and I, on that scary ass machine, disappearing into the beautiful and dangerous night like we got no fucking care in the world.

And for once, I didn't mind cursing.