Chapter //EIGHTEEN//

"Say ah."

I kept my mouth shut.

"Kitten..." the slight warning in his voice made me open my mouth obediently. He smiled as I chewed on the food.

A roar of laughter filled the dining room as I snapped my head up to glare at Charles. He was busy laughing that he didn't even see what was coming.

I watched as his eyes bulged and teared up, the vein on his forehead very prominent now.

He coughed pathetically and downed several cups of orange juice sitting on the table. Xavier and I just simply looked at him in amusement.

"What the heck Cam! I could've choked when you shoved that large spoon of apple pie into my mouth! It nearly went down the wrong pipe, dude." He grumbled but there was a hint of playfulness in his eyes.

I chuckled and stuck out my tongue at him.

"That wasn't nice, Lia..." Xavier said from behind me. That's right, I was sitting on his lap while he fed me dinner like a baby. Well, I did put up a fight... I think.

I pouted and was about to turn around to face him when his next words caused a full blown grin to carve on my face.

"It was awesome." He barked out in laughter, me following after. Charles just crossed his arms and sat there like a grumpy troll, his face scrunched up into a frown.

"Awh Charles! Don't be a baby!" I teased him while wiggling my eyebrows playfully. A few seconds later he just gave up being 'angry' and smirked at us.

"So..." he wiggled his eyebrows and glanced at Xavier, then back to me. "How are you gonna seduce Xavier tonight?"

I choked on my glass of water and coughed a few times while Xavier growled at Charles, "Fuck off dude."

I smirked at him as I thought of a good comeback.

"I don't even need to seduce him." I smirked at Charles' astonished face.

My grin widened as I heard Xavier mutter, "You're darn right." behind me.

I turned in his lap to peck his lips, smiling as he whimpered when I pulled away before it could get any more intense. "Later," I mouthed to him as his eyes turned darker with lust.

I turned back to Charles. He rolled his eyes at our flirting.

"Whipped." He said under his breath but I could hear him.

"What did you say?" Xavier growled playfully.

"Um... whipped!" He smirked at Xavier and practically ran out of the dining room after that, probably to hide from my fuming mate that was about to push me off his lap to go kill his beta.

I touched his arm. "Xav I'm tired. Can we go to bed early?" Immediately his eyes softened and he carried me bridal style up to our room, laying me on the bed.

I wiggled to my side of the bed as he snuggled up to me, spooning me from behind.

"Good night, kitten." A kiss to my forehead.

"Good night..." I yawned and sleep consumed me like a freight train.

°°°°°°°°°°

Something was weird. I felt really uncomfortable, which was strange because since I met Xavier, I always felt safe and protected. But this time, I felt... uncomfortable.

I could feel the thirst crawling its way up my throat and making itself known in my mouth. My tongue was so dry it stuck to the roof of my mouth, and I touched my lips to find them chapped and dry. I frowned in the darkness and looked over to the bedside clock. It was 11:45pm.

15 minutes to my heat. I shivered involuntarily as I thought of the ways Xavier could pleasure me and immediately felt my cheeks burn in embarrassment. I was getting hornier.

Silently, I got off the bed and placed a pillow in my spot on the bed so that he won't wake up to find me.

I walked to the kitchen downstairs and turned on the lights, taking a glass out of the cupboard and filling it with iced water.

I gulped all of it down and downed another cup. And another, and another. I couldn't stop, and those cups of water wasn't exactly relieving my thirst. It only made me feel worse. I groaned as a migraine came on and clutched my head with one hand.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain on my abdomen, the pain shooting straight up towards my chest. I gasped and the sound of glass shattering echoed through the silence of the house. I rubbed both hands on my chest, trying to make it go away. It seemed to burn more the more I rubbed at it. I screamed.

I felt more than heard a thunder of frantic footsteps running towards the kitchen from upstairs.

"Fuck! Lia tell me what's wrong!" He grabbed my shoulders and instantly the pain sizzled... and then poof. It vanished, leaving no traces behind. I shakily looked up at him, one word in my mind.

"Heat." I whispered.