ii. secret

« SECRET »

Sirius Black sat on the sofa next to him, letting Lillian understand that she should sit as well. The atmosphere was awkward on her side, because she wanted more answers but wasn't sure the man in front of her could give her what she wanted.

"I thought they were waiting fo—" Lillian started but Sirius interrupted her.

"They can wait a little more, I believe you need some explanation." Sirius said. "At first, I thought your father would do this, but apparently, you're so stubborn you could ignore him for a few days."

A small smile creeped on Lillian's lips as she looked down, before asking. "How come my father joined the Marauders? I thought it was only formed with Gryffindor students?"

"Well, the only reason your father got sorted in Ravenclaw was because of his intelligence, otherwise he would have probably been in Gryffindor." Sirius explained, smiling as some memories floaded by in his mind.

"And let's just say that having someone as smart as him with us was a serious advantage. Did you know he is the one who created the Marauder's map? Actually, he is the one who found the system to spy on everyone in the school."

"No, I didn't know."

"It was quite a journey actually! And to answer your real question, I don't think it's easy to tell your child that you can change into an actual animal which is probably why he waited so long."

"Well, our transfiguration teacher, Mrs. McGonagall, can turn into a cat and I have told my parents how much I loved it, he had no reason to be scared." Lillian answered as she remembered writing about it when she was still eleven.

Mom, dad!
We discovered something incredible in transfiguration today! Gryffindor's House Head, Mrs. McGonagall can turn into a cat! It's called an Animagus, I wonder what I would be.. Really, I want to be an Animagus! But, apparently, it takes time and the process to get there is extremely difficult..
Ron says I would be a lion, or a tiger, because I constantly growl when Malfoy is around..

I will see you at Christmas, lots of love.
Lillian.

"He had all the reasons to be scared, Lillian. You are his daughter and no matter how great you thought it was to be an Animagus, he cares about what you think." Sirius said and Lillian nodded, standing up.

"You're probably right, he was scared of my reaction." She followed Sirius in the dark corridor as they walked to the staircase. "But, I'll still be mad at him for a bit."

Sirius shook his head, walking down the stairs with the young girl before opening the door for Lillian to walk inside the big room that used to be the dining room in the past and was about to be used the same way now.

Everyone was already there, the adults on one side, Lillian's friends in front of them. If she didn't know better, she would have thought they were getting punished. Taking a seat between George and Ron she realized Dumbledore had a hard look on his face, as he seemed ready to start a speech.

"If we are all here today, it is because the world of magic is about to relive one of its worse events and we can not let it happen." Dumbledore started, pacing back and forth behind their chairs.

"Which is why Sirius decided to make this house, headquarters of the Order of the Phœnix. I am convinced that Voldemort is building an army, just the way he did the very first time, and we need to retaliate the best we can."

Lillian wasn't the only one who seemed truly attentive to Dumbledore's words, actually, even the twins were silent and listening.

"I also put Harry under constant surveillance. He might live like a muggle when he isn't at Hogwarts, however it doesn't mean there is no danger. That is why you must not tell him about the Order, at all."